Wikiposts

Validating Visa's

Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:53 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold
Default Validating Visa's

Hi there all reading!

My husband, myself and youngest daughter live in NZ and my eldest daughter is in the UK in full time education and we have all applied for a 175 visa for Australia.

We (NZ) had medicals done in Jan 08 (daughter in UK - April 08) and Police docs in Dec 07/Feb 08 (two countries), so should be validating before Dec 07. We applied at the begininning of Dec 07 (175 on line) and like everyone still waiting for a CO let alone a visa.

We are aiming to move to Aus almost straight away on receipt of the visa as we currently reside in NZ, so not too far to go. But my eldest daughter, who is on our application as a dependant, lives and studies full time in the UK and possibly wont be able to validate her visa (if approved) until Christmas period or Easter because of study commitments.

Does anyone know if there are any circumstances in which you can extend the visa validating period even if its just for one person?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:26 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating Visa's

I don't think it's possible. The easiest alternative is maybe for you all to re-do police checks and resubmit them now. That would make your medicals the earliest date which validation is determined by and would give your daughter til Jan 09 to validate by.

It's more hassle and expense but probably easier than her interuppting her University semester.

Good luck.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 2:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
We are aiming to move to Aus almost straight away on receipt of the visa as we currently reside in NZ, so not too far to go. But my eldest daughter, who is on our application as a dependant, lives and studies full time in the UK and possibly wont be able to validate her visa (if approved) until Christmas period or Easter because of study commitments.
Can she not take a week off?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:05 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys - obviously no room or allowances made! I get the picture!

JAJ - of course she can - around her studies. Its just a long way to go for a week and expensive time of year for flying (December).

If we thought that it was going to take this long we would have hung back on the medicals etc. Aus immigration had said 4 months for MODL and we honestly expected to be in Aus by May 07 at the latest!

Our daughter has just returned to the UK after having 3 months holiday/uni break with us in NZ, that would have been the time to go to Aus to validate visas.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:10 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Just to add - without wanting to upset anyone

I think allowances should be made, when the visa application process is in such dissaray - its a bit of a shambles to say the least.

The internet (on-line) application process wasnt at all clear and requested medicals and police checks to be carried out almost immediately following submission.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:26 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I agree - it makes things very difficult, but hope things work out for you!