Validating Visa -Help!

Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tartan Sunburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Validating Visa -Help!

Hi

Hubby and I received our visais in December. We have been given a deadline of September to enter OZ. Due to family commitments we can't go until November.

I've been reading threads about validating visas, but it not clear what we have to do - obviously go to Oz and show visa's/passports, but do we have to fill in a form or any thing? We plan to stay for 2 weeks, comee back and go again for good in Novemer...is that all we have to do?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Tartan Sunburn
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:52 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Validating Visa -Help!

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi

Hubby and I received our visais in December. We have been given a deadline of September to enter OZ. Due to family commitments we can't go until November.

I've been reading threads about validating visas, but it not clear what we have to do - obviously go to Oz and show visa's/passports, but do we have to fill in a form or any thing? We plan to stay for 2 weeks, comee back and go again for good in Novemer...is that all we have to do?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Tartan Sunburn
Hello

If I'm reading you right - you have until September to validate your visas but you can't actually emigrate until November?

Yes - you will therefore need to enter Australia by the September date to validate. There will be no further forms to fill in. You will then be able to re-enter Australia in November to start your new life - no worries (as they say).

Good luck

Jim
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:55 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello

If I'm reading you right - you have until September to validate your visas but you can't actually emigrate until November?

Yes - you will therefore need to enter Australia by the September date to validate. There will be no further forms to fill in. You will then be able to re-enter Australia in November to start your new life - no worries (as they say).

Good luck

Jim
Oh......... and what is a tartan sunburn............ especially how today's weather is up there north of t'boarder!!

Jim
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:57 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Oh......... and what is a tartan sunburn............ especially how today's weather is up there north of t'boarder!!

Jim
Sorry - me again! I presume you have the visas already in place in your passports and not just the letter from DIMIA advising the award? If not, you will need to do this bit first.

Regards - again!

Jim
Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi

That's ok provided you enter Australia before the first entry date (whatever date in September is mentioned). It is not flexible, not even by a day, so don't leave it until the last minute.

You obviously need your visas stamped first, if you've not done this already.

Jeremy