Validating Visa

Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:33 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all
Default Validating Visa

Hi All

I have been searching the threads to try to find the answer to my question but to no avail so maybe someone can help

My husband and I applied for Parents Visas and have now been granted the visa. We have the stamp in our passport and are travelling to Oz later this month to validate the visas. Two questions:

1. Can we travel to Oz on those visas even though they aren't validated or do we need a holiday visa to get to Oz?
2. Does the fact that we go through Passport Control in Oz validate the visas or do we have to go somewhere when we to Oz to get them validated?

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

StSabre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Validating Visa

You can travel on those visas, and once you go through passport control on arrival they are validated.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:59 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Elizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to allElizabeth31 is a name known to all

That's great thank you, makes at least one thing nice and easy
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth31
Hi All

I have been searching the threads to try to find the answer to my question but to no avail so maybe someone can help

My husband and I applied for Parents Visas and have now been granted the visa. We have the stamp in our passport and are travelling to Oz later this month to validate the visas. Two questions:

1. Can we travel to Oz on those visas even though they aren't validated or do we need a holiday visa to get to Oz?
2. Does the fact that we go through Passport Control in Oz validate the visas or do we have to go somewhere when we to Oz to get them validated?

Thanks
Do NOT get a holiday visa. You have been granted a visa already and if you apply for another one it will invalidate your parent visa.

Entering Australia is what validates your visa. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_V...ion-Australia_
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm astounded you couldn't find the answer in a search, it has come up about once a week for 10 years but no matter, you have the information now. Good luck with the move.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 8th 2012 at 11:32 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 7:41 pm
Arrived Oz Oct 2013

Thanks to everyone for replies, much appreciated.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

Travel to OZ on basis of your parent visa. When you enter OZ, it will validate your visa
Best of luck