Validating Visa

Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

albag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validating Visa

Hi everyone

My boyfriend and I have today got our passports back with our visa's in - woo hoo! We need to get our visa's validated by 12 June 2009, and as we doubt we'll sell our house by then we'll be going over to validate and hopefully look for work. So, my question is, what exactly do we need to do with our passports when we get to Australia to get the visa's validated? Is it just a matter of getting our passports stamped on entry, or do we need to go somewhere to get the visa's validated?

Also, on our visas, my boyfriends shows Class BQ Resident P and mine shows Class BQ Resident S. Does anyone know why his is P and mine is S? Is it because he is the main applicant?

Thanks in advance

Al xx
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating Visa

Originally Posted by albag
Hi everyone

My boyfriend and I have today got our passports back with our visa's in - woo hoo! We need to get our visa's validated by 12 June 2009, and as we doubt we'll sell our house by then we'll be going over to validate and hopefully look for work. So, my question is, what exactly do we need to do with our passports when we get to Australia to get the visa's validated? Is it just a matter of getting our passports stamped on entry, or do we need to go somewhere to get the visa's validated?

Also, on our visas, my boyfriends shows Class BQ Resident P and mine shows Class BQ Resident S. Does anyone know why his is P and mine is S? Is it because he is the main applicant?

Thanks in advance

Al xx
The process of validating is as simple as producing your passport at Immigration as you enter the country. They will scan it and the system registers that you have validated it.
As for the codes - P is almost certainly for "primary applicant" and s for "secondary" as he was the main applicant.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

Al xx
hi was just wondering if you sent the passports or did it in person? if by post what evidence if any did you send
many thanks karen
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies.

We sent our passports into Australia House by Special Delivery, and included the visa grant letter we had from our agent. We also put in a special delivery addressed envelope for them to send the passports back. We did ask about taking our passports in person but were told that you can only do this between 9am and 11am and the queues are supposed to be really long. We also put in a letter from ourselves with all contact details, including email addreses and mobile numbers just in case of any problem. Ours took exactly a week in the post.
Let me know if you need any other help.
Al x
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:18 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies.

We sent our passports into Australia House by Special Delivery, and included the visa grant letter we had from our agent. We also put in a special delivery addressed envelope for them to send the passports back. We did ask about taking our passports in person but were told that you can only do this between 9am and 11am and the queues are supposed to be really long. We also put in a letter from ourselves with all contact details, including email addreses and mobile numbers just in case of any problem. Ours took exactly a week in the post.
Al x
We did the same, sent it off on Monday and got it back today
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies.

Al x
Hi thats great thanks
good luck down under
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:02 am

Check out this link:

http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/visaevid.html
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

seanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant futureseanshellluke has a brilliant future

Hi All
Just got our visa granted letter this morning and going to send all off special delivery tomorrow and then are booking flights for oct/nov for a validation trip
yes at last the wait is over
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by seanshellluke
Hi All
Just got our visa granted letter this morning and going to send all off special delivery tomorrow and then are booking flights for oct/nov for a validation trip
yes at last the wait is over
FANTASTIC NEWS Congratulations!!

Don't forget to update the timeline or Tiger will be after you
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

How exciting, congratulations! We are currently planning our validation visit for March, looking into flight etc as we speak. Our friends in Oz cant understand us not just moving out in March but we have a lot to organise, and need to sell our house also. Im hoping the validation trip will be useful re jobs and where to start.

Congratulations again!!