validated??

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Lightbulb validated??

so we had our "visa" in our passports, then we took a trip to perth few months back... and had a stamp in our passports like everyone else did

no questions re: the visa/etc
no special stamps/etc

and we went through

and now we're back in the UK

so have we validated?

LOL just seem so... umm... anti-climax! LOL
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:46 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: validated??

Yup...you're validated
I agree, a bit of an anti-climax for us too, in fact the desk officer looked positively peed off at our arrival!!!
I'll send you congratulations though
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

righty-o
we were like... ummm we have come to validate... here's our visa... she wasn't the least bit interested, carried on with what she was doing
Stamp it
Gave them back to us
Didn't say anything
My OH was like ... do we have to do anything else... are we validated
She nodded
That's it

Lol I guess it's nothing special to them as they see it everyday!!!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

OK, so when you left, how long did you say you would be out of the country? Did they stamp the passport as "departed" ?

I told them the children and I would be gone for 90 days or more. The passports were stamped.

OH told them he'd be gone for "a couple of months" - they didn't stamp his passport - we've been gone for a year now! I wonder what the means for him?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:43 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222 View Post
OK, so when you left, how long did you say you would be out of the country? Did they stamp the passport as "departed" ?

I told them the children and I would be gone for 90 days or more. The passports were stamped.

OH told them he'd be gone for "a couple of months" - they didn't stamp his passport - we've been gone for a year now! I wonder what the means for him?
I've been coming and going from Australia on a variety of visas for years and never been asked how long am I leaving for except on the card, which is just for collecting stats. My passport has always been stamped departed - that's standard too, very unuaul not to get it stamped.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
I've been coming and going from Australia on a variety of visas for years and never been asked how long am I leaving for except on the card, which is just for collecting stats. My passport has always been stamped departed - that's standard too, very unuaul not to get it stamped.
We flew out at different times and he said that he didn't fill in a little card. He was asked the question. OH thought the answer is what determined whether he stamped the passport or not.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222 View Post

Doesn't mean anything. You don't have to tell them anything although I guess if they ask you say but it's irrelevant. Providing you come back to live before the visa expiry date you can come and go as much as you like.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Unless exiting on an Australian passport in which case it is very unusual to get it stamped!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:59 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin View Post
Unless exiting on an Australian passport in which case it is very unusual to get it stamped!
Obviously. But as the thread is talking about a PR Visa holder, they clearly didn't have an Aus passport.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 30th 2010 at 4:05 am.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin View Post
They will stamp an Australian passport on request.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ice mocha View Post
so we had our "visa" in our passports, then we took a trip to perth few months back... and had a stamp in our passports like everyone else did

no questions re: the visa/etc
no special stamps/etc

and we went through

and now we're back in the UK

so have we validated?

LOL just seem so... umm... anti-climax! LOL
When i went, i thought they would give an Austrlian Welcome pack. All I got was a stamp, and I said is that it? They looked at me rather strangely. So i went on quickly
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wookiee06 View Post
When i went, i thought they would give an Austrlian Welcome pack. All I got was a stamp, and I said is that it? They looked at me rather strangely. So i went on quickly