British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   validated?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/validated-673572/)

ice mocha Jun 22nd 2010 9:35 pm

validated??

so we had our "visa" in our passports, then we took a trip to perth few months back... and had a stamp in our passports like everyone else did

no questions re: the visa/etc
no special stamps/etc

and we went through

and now we're back in the UK

so have we validated?

LOL just seem so... umm... anti-climax! LOL :rofl:

JenniGee Jun 22nd 2010 9:46 pm

Re: validated??

Yup...you're validated :)
I agree, a bit of an anti-climax for us too, in fact the desk officer looked positively peed off at our arrival!!!
I'll send you congratulations though :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ice mocha Jun 28th 2010 8:16 pm

righty-o
we were like... ummm we have come to validate... here's our visa... she wasn't the least bit interested, carried on with what she was doing
Stamp it
Gave them back to us
Didn't say anything
My OH was like ... do we have to do anything else... are we validated
She nodded
That's it

Lol I guess it's nothing special to them as they see it everyday!!!

tiger222 Jun 29th 2010 4:48 am

OK, so when you left, how long did you say you would be out of the country? Did they stamp the passport as "departed" ?

I told them the children and I would be gone for 90 days or more. The passports were stamped.

OH told them he'd be gone for "a couple of months" - they didn't stamp his passport - we've been gone for a year now! I wonder what the means for him?

Pollyana Jun 29th 2010 11:43 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 8664475)
OK, so when you left, how long did you say you would be out of the country? Did they stamp the passport as "departed" ?

I told them the children and I would be gone for 90 days or more. The passports were stamped.

OH told them he'd be gone for "a couple of months" - they didn't stamp his passport - we've been gone for a year now! I wonder what the means for him?

I've been coming and going from Australia on a variety of visas for years and never been asked how long am I leaving for except on the card, which is just for collecting stats. My passport has always been stamped departed - that's standard too, very unuaul not to get it stamped.

tiger222 Jun 29th 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8665229)
I've been coming and going from Australia on a variety of visas for years and never been asked how long am I leaving for except on the card, which is just for collecting stats. My passport has always been stamped departed - that's standard too, very unuaul not to get it stamped.

We flew out at different times and he said that he didn't fill in a little card. He was asked the question. OH thought the answer is what determined whether he stamped the passport or not.

moneypenny20 Jun 29th 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 8664475)

Doesn't mean anything. You don't have to tell them anything although I guess if they ask you say but it's irrelevant. Providing you come back to live before the visa expiry date you can come and go as much as you like.

ColonialCousin Jun 30th 2010 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8665229)

Unless exiting on an Australian passport in which case it is very unusual to get it stamped!

Pollyana Jun 30th 2010 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin (Post 8666779)
Unless exiting on an Australian passport in which case it is very unusual to get it stamped!

Obviously. But as the thread is talking about a PR Visa holder, they clearly didn't have an Aus passport.

JAJ Jun 30th 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin (Post 8666779)

They will stamp an Australian passport on request.

wookiee06 Jun 30th 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ice mocha (Post 8649843)
so we had our "visa" in our passports, then we took a trip to perth few months back... and had a stamp in our passports like everyone else did

no questions re: the visa/etc
no special stamps/etc

and we went through

and now we're back in the UK

so have we validated?

LOL just seem so... umm... anti-climax! LOL :rofl:

When i went, i thought they would give an Austrlian Welcome pack. All I got was a stamp, and I said is that it? They looked at me rather strangely. So i went on quickly

tiger222 Jun 30th 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by wookiee06 (Post 8667434)
When i went, i thought they would give an Austrlian Welcome pack. All I got was a stamp, and I said is that it? They looked at me rather strangely. So i went on quickly

:rofl: