Vaccinations & dreaded jabs...

Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

M4rk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations & dreaded jabs...

We have a couple of books which mention having to have various Jabs before you fly to Aus.

These mention having to have yellow fever jab, if landing in various countries within 6 hours of arriving in Aus.

What are peoples views?

Thanks all.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccinations & dreaded jabs...

Originally posted by M4rk
We have a couple of books which mention having to have various Jabs before you fly to Aus.

These mention having to have yellow fever jab, if landing in various countries within 6 hours of arriving in Aus.

What are peoples views?

Thanks all.
I would also be interested in this information. we have got the kids BCG's done ( only because we said we were going to Africa first) but have not thought about what may be required if landing somewhere. Think I will phone my Docs tomorrow will update you when I have some news

Lizand Mark
Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:50 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Im a practice nurse and yellow fever vaccine is only ever recommended if travelling to an infected country and then onto a non infected country. in other words it depends on where you are going to stop over...
If your going to stay in a country that yellow fever is endemic then onto oz you will require it. BUT if your just going to oz straight from uk then it wont be required.

I think that you are lucky liz and mark to get your children vaccinated against TB becaus there has been a national shortage of it. the school nurses have their vaccination programme going again but are doing the kids most at risk..ie those that are late. my 14 yr old hasnt had hers as yet!. I did phone to enquire about my 10 yr old having it and the 'powers that be' said no way until they had finished those children at risk!!!!

As far as any other vaccines..if your only in an airport for 6hrs i really wouldnt bother with any other.mind you the most common vaccines recommended for such as singapoer and such would be typhoid and hepatitis a. this vaccine comes combined for adults but seperate for kids..so if your at all worried get them done...BUT make sure that you have them at least 3 weeks prior to travel.

Hope this helps
Sorry for the lack of puncutation and capitals but i really cant be bothered!!!!!!

good luck