USA to AUS advice needed

Old Dec 17th 2001, 9:55 am
::\::

Heya there, I would like to know if anyone can give some good sound advice. I would
like to bring my girlfriend/bride to be and 1 child to Australia to live with me.
Have read the Immi booklets n still goin in circles. Can anyone advise the
best/quickest path to take? It has been suggested to me to let her come over on a
visitors visa n marry her asap when she gets here n change it to a spouse
application. Has anyone any ideas on what to do? Any suggestions,help or advice
regarding Immi agencies or any help at all will be appreciated........ Ken
[email protected]

Old Dec 19th 2001, 11:17 am
Moi!

Hi Ken I need help with the same problem, but without the kid! email me if you have
found anything cheers Daf

>
advice.
    >
to
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 19th 2001, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

tropicalm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I share the same "round in circles" feeling guys,
I wonder if our de facto spouse will be refused an onshore change, stating that one could think they did not "really" came over to Oz just to visit...
Old Dec 19th 2001, 7:54 pm
Cato

Hi you all, Best bet is to go to http://www.immi.gov.au it has just about all the
information you need on how to bring over your future bride. Under the family
category - ' Prospective Spouse/Fiance Visa. I came out here on that one almost 4
years ago. It took a total of 17 weeks for it to be processed and granted.

Regards, Dawn

>
advice.
    >
to
    >
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 21st 2001, 12:38 am
Cato

Yes, have to be offshore applying for it. Sorry, I didn't mention that part. I had to
wait 4 months in USA whilst hubby went back to Oz -- painful separation, but we made
it at the end! We're happily married for 3 years and 3 months.

Dawn

>

[usenetquote2]> > Hi you all, Best bet is to go to http://www.immi.gov.au it has just about all the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > information you need on how to bring over your future bride. Under the family[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > category - ' Prospective Spouse/Fiance Visa. I came out here on[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > one almost 4 years ago. It took a total of 17 weeks for it to be[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and granted.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards, Dawn[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Heya there, I would like to know if anyone can give some good sound[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > advice.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I would like to bring my girlfriend/bride to be and 1 child to[/usenetquote2]
Australia
[usenetquote2]> > to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > live with me. Have read the Immi booklets n still goin in circles. Can anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > advise the best/quickest path to take? It has been suggested to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > let her come over on a visitors visa n marry her asap when she gets[/usenetquote2]
here
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > change it to a spouse application. Has anyone any ideas on what to do? Any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > suggestions,help or advice regarding Immi agencies or any help at[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > will be appreciated........ Ken [email protected][/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]