Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Urgent help - possible imminent divorce of daft husband

Urgent help - possible imminent divorce of daft husband

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:47 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough
Default Urgent help - possible imminent divorce of daft husband

So I'm half way through checking the visa application online and putting in the reference numbers of the Teaching Australia assessment and IELTs test when DH casually drops into the conversation that he forgot to renew his passport.

It expired on 18th April. If I don't get the visa application submitted before 11th May we don't have enough points as that's when I turn 30

Any innovative ideas as to what we can do???

I know he could go to the passport office and get on in a day but he works for my dad and we haven't told him!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:50 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent help - possible imminent divorce of daft husband

Originally Posted by funkydelia View Post
So I'm half way through checking the visa application online and putting in the reference numbers of the Teaching Australia assessment and IELTs test when DH casually drops into the conversation that he forgot to renew his passport.

It expired on 18th April. If I don't get the visa application submitted before 11th May we don't have enough points as that's when I turn 30

I know he could go to the passport office and get on in a day but he works for my dad and we haven't told him!
Pull a sicky and get it done.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:46 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky View Post
Pull a sicky and get it done.
Ditto
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Apply for the visa and then renew the passport?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:14 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a valid passport when you apply, as long as he has one before it is granted. Send off the applcaition for the visa, then get the passport sorted and forward them the number when you have it
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:06 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
You don't need a valid passport when you apply, as long as he has one before it is granted. Send off the applcaition for the visa, then get the passport sorted and forward them the number when you have it
It won't let me do it online with the expired passport, It keeps requesting a valid date which must be after today's date.

He has an appointment on Saturday morning to get a new one so that problem has been solved now! And he won't have to pull a sicky!