Wikiposts

urgent help please!!! 475 visa or 176 visa

Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

oliverd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent help please!!! 475 visa or 176 visa

dear all

i have been reading the posts on here for a while and could really do with some help please.

we havent made our mind up yet where we would like to move to but am swaying between WA and SA.

we have been advised that it will be ok to apply for a state sponsored 176 visa to western australia as this is permanenet residency. however should we wish to go to south australia then we can use this visa to go there. if we apply direct to south aus then we can only get a 475 visa which is a provisional visa.

having read posts on here and research do you think this is acceptable. this is totally genuine dilemma. however some people frown upon it (so i have read).

what undertaking would we have to sign in WA and are they flexible about a change of plan especially to another area of growth such as adelaide.

also on a 475 wouldmwe have to pay for schooling for children upto the age of 16, anybody any idea how much health insurance is.

final question does the first two years on a provisional count towards your time to citizenship as i beleive it is only time you are a PR does.

i lookf forward to any help you can give
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: urgent help please!!! 475 visa or 176 visa

Hi Oliver

By all means, 176 is better than 475. You must be aware if you get 176 visa with the sponsorship from WA, then you are committed to live in WA and you cannot move to other states for about 3 yrs (I am not sure, please check the exact stay they demand for sponsorship) unless you get a state sponsorship from other state.

I opine WA(Perth) is better than SA in all aspects. Adelaide is not as vibrant as Perth as I heard.

All the best
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent help please!!! 475 visa or 176 visa

Hi Oliver

I try not to encourage clients to seek sponsorship to WA if they definitely intend to live in another State and not even touch down in WA. You sign an undertaking that you will spend the first 2 years in WA. This unsrtaking has no legal effect because as an Australian permanent resident, it would be your right to live, work and play in any part of Australia that you thought was best for yo uand your family. Thus the undertaking for the 176 visa is more a moral obligation than a legal one.

Up to 3 years on a temporary visa can be counted towards the 4 year Citizenship requirement so you do not lose ground in terms of citizenship but the permanent visa gives you better access to the Australian system.

So I would say go for the WA sponsorship and go there and give it a try for 3 months - if yo ustill wish to move on after 3 months, go for your life.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896