Wikiposts

urgent assistance needed please

Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

sunnysider22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default urgent assistance needed please

hi all, im in a bit of a predicament. i married an aussie girl four years ago and am living on the goldy. i was granted permanent residency about 6 months ago(class bc resident,s/c 100). shortly after this the wife came out that shed had an affair and wanted to split up. i moved out, yadda yadda yadda. anyway, its been a hard few months and i really want to go back to blighty to see my old mates and spend some time with my brothers, drink in some proper pubs etc, etc. i was wondering where i stand with regards coming back to oz. if i decide to. do i need to inform dimia that i am seperated from the wife or should i keep shtum. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i cant make head nor tail of the dimia site. thanks people, s...
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:54 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: urgent assistance needed please

hi mate, last i heard you can come back to the uk for anything upto four years, you are still a british citizen with aussie permanent residency!! therefore you can pretty much come in and out as you please, as long as you go back before your four years is up you will be fine!! well thats my understanding anyway!

there are loads of agents on here, they will be able to advise if you need a return residency thingy (not too sure on this one!!)

good luck
vb2

Originally Posted by sunnysider22
hi all, im in a bit of a predicament. i married an aussie girl four years ago and am living on the goldy. i was granted permanent residency about 6 months ago(class bc resident,s/c 100). shortly after this the wife came out that shed had an affair and wanted to split up. i moved out, yadda yadda yadda. anyway, its been a hard few months and i really want to go back to blighty to see my old mates and spend some time with my brothers, drink in some proper pubs etc, etc. i was wondering where i stand with regards coming back to oz. if i decide to. do i need to inform dimia that i am seperated from the wife or should i keep shtum. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i cant make head nor tail of the dimia site. thanks people, s...
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:08 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SS22,

Your visa is already permanent, so no need to worry. It's liable to cancellation if fibs were told, but that's not the case, get back there and drink yourself silly :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

As George, as lon gas you didn't tell any porkies, you are OK. With new citizenship laws coming in requiring 3 years in the last 5 ( I think) means if you are out for more than 2 years, you will have to return before the expiry of your visa nd do a new 3 year term, coming back within 2 years means yo ucould probably get away with just a furtehr 2.5 years before qualifying for Citz - check that out though - I am assuming residency rule is to be changed from 2/5 to 3/5 and not 3/6 or something else.

No harm it advising DIMIA of your situation in case somebody maliciously advises them that you were not together at the tim of the 100 grant and the ycheck and see yo uare overseas and instigate cancellation procedures in your absence - give them a contact address in UK.

Tony

Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

sunnysider22 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks fellas. no porkies were told throughout the application and i thought things were 100% genuine until i got the bad news. DOH! also dimia were very thorough at the time they granted permanant status. dropped around our flat unnanounced at 8pm on a week night and inspected sleeping arrangements etc. oh well its good to hear i'll be able to return if thats what i decide. wasnt sure how i'd stand. i dont think anyone would try to do the dodgy on me either. i may drop our friends at dimia a line anyway and just give them a forwarding address over in blighty. thanks again fellas, i'll have a coupla stellas for you.
congratulations to the aussies for the big win tonight! great result.