Urgent advice needed

Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

impatient is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Urgent advice needed

Hi

I apologise in advance if this has been asked many times. My husband and I have just set the ball rolling for a 163 -business owner visa. However, today he was offered a job in Melbourne and advised to apply a sponsorship visa. We have 24 hrs to accept, hence my panic. From my frantic reading, I discovered the 457 - sponsorship visa does not lead to P.R.? this is what we want to achieve. What is the normal route to this from the 457? I am a bit worried as my husband is 48 now so will be 52 in four years when the 457 runs out and although this is not old, there may not be too many routes open to us? Is there any way we can apply for P.R. during our four years living in Melbourne.

Any advice would be most welcome as the time constraint to accept is not helping me think straight!

Thanks

Daisy.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:28 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advice needed

As far as I'm aware, after living & working in Oz for a couple of years, you become eligible to apply for PR from that 457 visa....you need to check it out though as I'm not sure about how your ages fit into that.

Best of luck
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
As far as I'm aware, after living & working in Oz for a couple of years, you become eligible to apply for PR from that 457 visa....you need to check it out though as I'm not sure about how your ages fit into that.
Only if the employer agrees to sponsor for PR, if the employer doesn't want to for any reason then it is a dead end.

It might be better to go for employer PR sponsorship from the start. It would require a skills assessment though which would slow matters down.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:42 am
Just Joined

impatient is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I will speak to employer.