URGENT!461 Visa!We can't get married?

Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

dctyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Question URGENT!461 Visa!We can't get married?

My visa(New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Temporary Visa -Subclass 461) was granted on October, 2006 sponsored by my ex Defacto Partner.But we ended our relationship around July in 2007 and right after that I consulted a lawyer and was told that I can still remain in Australia and my visa can also be renewed as long as I don't have a defecto relationship with another person.However, the problem I have now is that my boy friend and me want to get married and my visa won't allow us to do that. So we are now desperately want to know what we shall do with my visa so to get married??
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT!461 Visa!We can't get married?

Where is your fiance from?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

He is an Australia citizen. And I am now still living and working in Australia. Thanks for ur reply!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dctyf
He is an Australia citizen. And I am now still living and working in Australia. Thanks for ur reply!
I think you need to consult a migration agent, rather than a lawyer.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dctyf
So you can switch to a spouse visa then, I would think, once you are married or have 12 months cohabitation. Bear in mind that if this relationship ends before permanent residence is obtained, you will not get your 461 back.

Have you got a skilled occupation? If so you might have better options to get permanent residence.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks there!
I did a graduate diploma about two years ago in Interpreting and Translation and also got a certificate which allows me to be PR stright away, but I didn't apply for that at that time due to the plan of moving to NZ with my ex. It's way too late now to apply using that diploma and my current work doesn't give me enough points for the skill immi. :(
I just want to make sure if my bf and me can get that certificate of marriage even I am holding the spouse visa from my ex?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Once again. There is no legal bar on getting married. But you should take some professional advice on the options to replace your 461 visa.

Are you working in skilled employment currently? Have you thought about ENS for permanent residence?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:19 am
Just Joined

wibbly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I realise that I may not have an answer for your situation but i was hoping that maybe you could help me.

I see that you managed to get a 461 visa through being a de facto. I am trying to get this visa but thought you had to be a direct family member or married? Can I get this visa just being a de facto? I hope so. Pls let me know.

I hope you find the answers to your questions