Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am over the MOON !!!!!

Originally Posted by AsadsBride
Having letter in my hand and cant really believe if this is true…

Gosh, we made it ATLAST!!

I thank all of you who were concern, praying and thinking of me & my hubby’s 2nd stage visa…..

It may not happen soon as you think but it will happen..

We are so happy and wish you all the best

Regards

AB
Really pleased for you, you have waited such a long time, I bet you can hardly believe its actually here

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 27th 2010 at 7:17 am.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Trassel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I am over the MOON !!!!!

Originally Posted by AsadsBride
Having letter in my hand and cant really believe if this is true…

Gosh, we made it ATLAST!!

I thank all of you who were concern, praying and thinking of me & my hubby’s 2nd stage visa…..

It may not happen soon as you think but it will happen..

We are so happy and wish you all the best

Regards

AB
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Congratulations AB!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:00 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Yayyy! My daughter and I received our PR grant letter today!! Woop woop!!! It's such a relief to finally be done with the immigration process, what with tourist visas and extended tourist visas, the PMV, then the temp spouse visa and now finally the permanent visa it feels as if I've been in DIAC's clutches for 4 years.... well actually I have To be fair though, I've always found them to be polite, helpful and prompt and most of the stress has been of my own creation in being a natural worrier!

Best Christmas present I could have hoped for! Actually its the only Christmas present I'll be getting so it's just as well it arrived - I think I haven't been good this year

Hope everyone else that is waiting gets good news soon! I'm off to make myself a celebratory mug of tea - I know how to celebrate in style

Just realised I didn't mention the timescale, it took about 6 weeks from the date the 2nd stage visa was submitted, but only 2.5 weeks from the first date on which we were eligible to have the visa granted - pretty damn quick by my reckoning!

Last edited by SillyOldBag; Dec 20th 2010 at 6:04 am. Reason: added a little ramble about timescale....
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Yayyy! My daughter and I received our PR grant letter today!! Woop woop!!! It's such a relief to finally be done with the immigration process, what with tourist visas and extended tourist visas, the PMV, then the temp spouse visa and now finally the permanent visa it feels as if I've been in DIAC's clutches for 4 years.... well actually I have To be fair though, I've always found them to be polite, helpful and prompt and most of the stress has been of my own creation in being a natural worrier!

Best Christmas present I could have hoped for! Actually its the only Christmas present I'll be getting so it's just as well it arrived - I think I haven't been good this year

Hope everyone else that is waiting gets good news soon! I'm off to make myself a celebratory mug of tea - I know how to celebrate in style

Just realised I didn't mention the timescale, it took about 6 weeks from the date the 2nd stage visa was submitted, but only 2.5 weeks from the first date on which we were eligible to have the visa granted - pretty damn quick by my reckoning!
Yeay!!!! Many congratulations!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:16 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeay!!!! Many congratulations!
Thankyou my wise unpaid but greatly appreciated guru

Hopefully this should make my job hunting endeavours a bit easier and then I can come down to Brissy and bug you
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:42 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Thankyou my wise unpaid but greatly appreciated guru

Hopefully this should make my job hunting endeavours a bit easier and then I can come down to Brissy and bug you
I look forward to it
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, SillyOldBag. What a terrific Christmas present, indeed. I wish you and yours all the best!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:38 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Tina7
Congrats, SillyOldBag. What a terrific Christmas present, indeed. I wish you and yours all the best!
Thankyou Tina Hope you've settled into life as a Permanent Resident! I keep forgetting it's come through and then remembering and thinking woo hooooooo! One more year and I'll be asking questions no doubt about citizenship!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:16 am
Just Joined

samirv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline

Hi everyone, I've been reading through this post a lot and its helped calm my nerves over the last few months. Here's my timeline

applied 2nd dec 2008
granted 28th april 2009

second stage documentation received 7th dec 2010 (dated 2nd dec 2010)
1)two declarations wife and i
2)afp certificate for me
3)and form 80
surprisingly i was given 28 days instead of 60.

28 days to submit documents (in my experience dealing with immigration) means a decision is about to be made so that was a good sign. They said in the letter 6-8 months.

dispatched 4th jan 2011
received email today 10th Jan that visa had been granted

and most of you know how relieved i am feeling now thank you all for sharing your experiences.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:05 am
Feeble Minded

Congratulations samirv - what a great start to the new year for you and your wife
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Matlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura about

Wow! I haven't been on for a while as I went back to England for a holiday - A lot has happened on here since I have been away! Loved reading all the good news! Thanks for all the messages re our grant by the way - sorry I have only just responded

I am sooooooo happy to see that you FINALLY have your PM AsadsBride - Congrats! You must be so relieved that its finally here!

Yaaay SillyOldBag! Welcome to the PM Club!! lol! What a lovely Christmas Present! (I hope you had something stronger after the tea! lol). Any joy on the job front? Yep I think we will both be back on here when it is Citizenship time!

Congrats Samirv, such great news! As SillyOldBag said - its a great start to the new year for you.

I am so pleased that every can relax now! Hope everyone celebrated over Christmas and the New Year!

Mel
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:05 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Matlissa
Yaaay SillyOldBag! Welcome to the PM Club!! lol! What a lovely Christmas Present! (I hope you had something stronger after the tea! lol). Any joy on the job front? Yep I think we will both be back on here when it is Citizenship time!
Helloooooo Matlissa! Hope you had a great trip back to England. I'm quite jealous now - one day I'll get back - just not yet! d'oh!

This time of year isn't the best for job hunting, but I'm sending my shiney new resume out there now and hopefully someone will want me! They better had otherwise the dog and cat might find themselves in the cooking pot
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

AsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really nice

Mel,

You bet we both are over the moon, just planning to start together...

He will be here soon and is currently applying for Jobs, m so excited.

It is totally valauble and precious gift of all times for New Year & Christmas.

I was also in UK during December to be with him, it was best weather to snuggle...gosh it was totally cold and white Christmas love it..

Pray for all whose waiting for their turn will get theirs soon..ameen

Regards
AB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.