Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:03 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by Green Grass
Thanks Pollyana. For the 309 visa, they seemed to want proof for every month we lived together (we applied immediately after 12 months co-habitation). Will we need to do the same for the 2 years pre 2nd stage processing, or is it the level of proof less onerous?

GG
We weren't asked for any evidence at all, just our statements and certified documents and a police check for my husband, because my daughter was involved in the application. However, some people have been asked for more information, I kept a folder with copies of various receipts and stuff just in case it was needed, easier to prepare as you go rather than have to search around at the end.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 6:19 am
Just Joined

dbj_brennan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
As you originally applied for your spouse visa on-shore, then you also need to be on-shore for the grant of PR. So yes, you should notify DIAC of your planned absences.

If the original spouse visa was granted off-shore, then the PR can be granted when the person is either on or off shore.
This is not true - my spouse's provisional 820 visa was granted onshore, and her PR 801 visa came through while we were on holiday, even though we had told DIAC that we were going away.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj_brennan
This is not true - my spouse's provisional 820 visa was granted onshore, and her PR 801 visa came through while we were on holiday, even though we had told DIAC that we were going away.
Indeed, it looks like I checked & replied when you didn't think it could happen, but did for your spouse. Must have forgotten about that change when replying on this thread.

In any case, it's always a good idea to let DIAC know when you're going to be away during any processing, along with how they can contact you if needed.