Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by UKjuice
Sorry!There is an office in Adelaide...I'm looking for answers from someone else before researching it myself. I'll go in and give it a go.
Thanks again for your help.
You should be able to just walk in and get it done there and then
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have DIAC started to charge for having a visa label put into a passport, or is this still on their "to do" list?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know if there are any implications travelling overseas whilst waiting for grant of the PR?

We have a few overseas trips planned for the next few months. Do I have to at least notify DIAC of my planned absences?

The provisional visa remains valid until the PR is granted, so I'd assume that all my SC 820 entitlements, including travel and re-entry, remain in place until grant. But does anyone know if there are any special provisions that I ought to be aware of once I'd lodged my 2nd stage documents?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Qantasflyer
Does anyone know if there are any implications travelling overseas whilst waiting for grant of the PR?

We have a few overseas trips planned for the next few months. Do I have to at least notify DIAC of my planned absences?
As you originally applied for your spouse visa on-shore, then you also need to be on-shore for the grant of PR. So yes, you should notify DIAC of your planned absences.

If the original spouse visa was granted off-shore, then the PR can be granted when the person is either on or off shore.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

I'm pretty sure the deal is that you just need to tell DIAC about your travel plans. I went overseas after lodging my second stage paperwork and sent them an e mail at the very last minute. I got an e mail and I think a text (I say "think" because it wasn't clear who the text was from) just to say that they acknowledged my e mail. I was concerned because I got back the day after I was eligible for PR, and I was worried that there might be some kind of issue with my temp visa being invalid, with the PR not yet active. All was fine, though.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Fab! Thanks both. We are traveling after my eligibility date - the first trip occurs 3 weeks after the eligibility date. Sounds like an email should suffice.

Last edited by Qantasflyer; Jan 29th 2012 at 1:07 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

So i did my thrice daily check of VEVO (I'm not OCD I swear... oh, no...) - I see that my subclass 801 visa has been granted earlier today! Officially a Permanent Resident of Australia!!

Will come back in a year's time to bother you all when I start stressing about citizenship.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 3:57 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

So i did my thrice daily check of VEVO (I'm not OCD I swear... oh, no...) - I see that my subclass 801 visa has been granted earlier today! Officially a Permanent Resident of Australia!!

Will come back in a year's time to bother you all when I start stressing about citizenship.
Congratulations, it's a great feeling isn't it! I've had my PR for over a year now but just haven't got the money to sort out citizenship yet. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out for myself and my daughter later this year.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone in the application process - DIAC have in the last week updated the Partner Booklet. Make sure you are using the current one as there are changes, though I haven't tracked them all down yet

One thats been picked up on Page 18, not been mentioned on here before as far as my cobweb ridden memory goes! - Australian registered de facto relationships are now recognised.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 23rd 2012 at 3:04 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Congratulations, it's a great feeling isn't it! I've had my PR for over a year now but just haven't got the money to sort out citizenship yet. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out for myself and my daughter later this year.
Cheers! A great feeling indeed. Hopefully citizenship isn't prohibitively expensive. Really want to get all immigration related stuff over and done with, then I can finally relax knowing I'm safely out of DIAC's clutches and my stay in my adopted homeland is on 100% solid ground. Though am tempted to delay citizenship until we've had a chance to visit South America which features prominently on our travel wishlist for the next year or 2 as my Malaysian passport (dual nationality not allowed for Malaysian citizens) allows visa free access to most countries there, will be a fair bit cheaper getting visas for just one of us rather than both. But that's really a #firstworldproblem I suspect.

Potentially silly question - anyone knows if I still have to update DIAC whenever I move, get a new passport etc? Do I have to fill in Form 929 everytime? My current passport is running out of pages soon and I think visas are linked to specific passport numbers?

Once again thanks to everyone on here for all your helpful guidance and advice throughout the entire process. The wealth of info on here certainly made the entirely process felt easier!

Last edited by Qantasflyer; Mar 25th 2012 at 10:25 am.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

Cheers! A great feeling indeed. Hopefully citizenship isn't prohibitively expensive. Really want to get all immigration related stuff over and done with, then I can finally relax knowing I'm safely out of DIAC's clutches and my stay in my adopted homeland is on 100% solid ground. Though am tempted to delay citizenship until we've had a chance to visit South America which features prominently on our travel wishlist for the next year or 2 as my Malaysian passport (dual nationality not allowed for Malaysian citizens) allows visa free access to most countries there, will be a fair bit cheaper getting visas for just one of us rather than both. But that's really a #firstworldproblem I suspect.

Potentially silly question - anyone knows if I still have to update DIAC whenever I move, get a new passport etc? Do I have to fill in Form 929 everytime? My current passport is running out of pages soon and I think visas are linked to specific passport numbers?

Once again thanks to everyone on here for all your helpful guidance and advice throughout the entire process. The wealth of info on here certainly made the entirely process felt easier!
Congrats

Once you have PR you never have to contact DIAC again unless you want to eg to get a RRV or citizenship

If you get a new passport you can either travel with both passports or get a new label in the old passport by simply going into a DIAC office. Otherwise you don't need to update them at all.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Fab! Thanks for that Pollyana!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

Hi. My partner has just been granted her temporary spouse visa and I was wondering what relationship detail we need to retain between now and 2nd stage processing. Do they ask for joint bills, joint bank statements, photos etc with evidence thoughout the 2 year period (between application for temp visa and eligibility date for PR) or is it a much simpler process.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2012, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Green Grass
Hi. My partner has just been granted her temporary spouse visa and I was wondering what relationship detail we need to retain between now and 2nd stage processing. Do they ask for joint bills, joint bank statements, photos etc with evidence thoughout the 2 year period (between application for temp visa and eligibility date for PR) or is it a much simpler process.

Thanks
Its a simpler process, but the evidence they ask for seems to vary from case to case. If you have been together for several years they seem to just ask for basic proof that you're still together - couples with a much shorter relationship seem to get asked for more evidence.
Work on the assumption that they'll want evidence of sharing a home, joint finances, and if you're apart for any length of time then you'll need to show how you've kept in touch

You should get the request just before the second anniversary of the application being filed with DIAC (thats filed, not when its granted )
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

Thanks Pollyana. For the 309 visa, they seemed to want proof for every month we lived together (we applied immediately after 12 months co-habitation). Will we need to do the same for the 2 years pre 2nd stage processing, or is it the level of proof less onerous?

GG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.