Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Matlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura aboutMatlissa has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Update - Info for second stage spouse visa applicants

Originally Posted by Squaddie missus
Unfortunately not... Our application was received by Canberra on 1 July and we've been together 7 years, married 4... We're waiting to enrol hubby in second year uni (1st year at international rates we borrowed to afford). It's been 12 weeks since the 2nd stage was recieved. It's been 2 years and 14 weeks since the 309 visa was granted. And we're getting slightly impatient. There are people who have got theirs before us so there appears to be no rhyme nor reason. But we know there are people worse off than us. Of course, knowing that doesn't help... Good luck with your application!!
No news from us either! Its been 10 weeks since we sent the second stage docs in. I am still waiting for my eligible date, which is in 24 days time! Getting there slowly!!

Squaddie missus - hopefully now you have passed the 2 year mark, it wont be much longer for you until its granted!

SillyOldBag - have you received your second stage pack yet?

that I see some good news from everyone soon!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

It's been almost 8 weeks since I sent all my documents in and my eligibility date is at the end of this week.

I called DIAC yesterday for a status update. I was told there are so backlogged that they have changed the 6 month official waiting period to 8 months; of course, the PR could come in sooner but, apparently, not soon enough!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:37 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tina7
It's been almost 8 weeks since I sent all my documents in and my eligibility date is at the end of this week.

I called DIAC yesterday for a status update. I was told there are so backlogged that they have changed the 6 month official waiting period to 8 months; of course, the PR could come in sooner but, apparently, not soon enough!
That's quite depressing really. Is your application being processed by Canberra or Melbourne?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
That's quite depressing really. Is your application being processed by Canberra or Melbourne?
Canberra.

I had hoped to commence a Masters degree part time but I refuse to pay international student fees. Also, I refuse to send for the rest of my belongings until it is granted. Just being overly cautious...

Last edited by Tina7; Sep 22nd 2010 at 8:47 am. Reason: typo
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Trassel is on a distinguished road

My TR was granted on 26 June 2008 so that means my eligibility date is coming up to 3 months soon. I am not sure if it is worth calling asking where the documents are and how much longer they are going to collect dust, what do you guys think?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Squaddie missus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tina7
Canberra.

I had hoped to commence a Masters degree part time but I refuse to pay international student fees. Also, I refuse to send for the rest of my belongings until it is granted. Just being overly cautious...
Arrrghh!! My husband is studying as an international student. To become a teacher no less. There went $20,000 this year which was made up of our house deposit and a loan. We simply cannot afford to put him through next semester and he needs PR so we can enrol him as a domestic student. The deadlines for QTAC are coming up and it looks like he might have to defer for 6 months working in some factory which isn't ideal. I know I'm whinging!! I'm sorry. But it feels great to vent sometimes
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

AsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really niceAsadsBride is just really nice

Nothing from my side too just waiting..... for a good news 2 come soon - amen
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:14 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Has the form for the Australian Police Check changed in the last couple of years or is my memory/imagination playing tricks on me? I thought I had to fill in all addresses for the last 10 years before, now it just seems to be asking for current address and previous address. Or am I misreading the information somewhere along the line? I'm hitting that paranoid stage where I lose the ability to form fill like a normal human being
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:24 am
Feeble Minded

...... and another thing!

Form 80 still has to be completed in my maiden name as that is the name on my passport. However, when I do the statutory declaration do I do that in my maiden name or my married name? or do you reckon it possibly doesn't matter..... perhaps I should do my current surname and put (née "maiden name") after it and that covers all bases?

Told you I'm in paranoid mode..... I'm losing my last remaining marbles too
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

...... and another thing!

Form 80 still has to be completed in my maiden name as that is the name on my passport. However, when I do the statutory declaration do I do that in my maiden name or my married name? or do you reckon it possibly doesn't matter..... perhaps I should do my current surname and put (née "maiden name") after it and that covers all bases?

Told you I'm in paranoid mode..... I'm losing my last remaining marbles too
Which name are you asking for the visa to be granted in? I'm guessing the one on your passport, so use that one. Doesn't matter whether its your married or maiden name, as long as its the one that matches your passport
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:38 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which name are you asking for the visa to be granted in? I'm guessing the one on your passport, so use that one. Doesn't matter whether its your married or maiden name, as long as its the one that matches your passport
Thanks for that Pollyana, I knew I could rely on you to point me in the right direction. I think I'm overthinking everything and need a slap round the chops and/or a kick up the bum to bring me back to reality. I suspect there will be plenty of volunteers to administer both
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Pollyana, I knew I could rely on you to point me in the right direction. I think I'm overthinking everything and need a slap round the chops and/or a kick up the bum to bring me back to reality. I suspect there will be plenty of volunteers to administer both
It gets to you after a while, the whole Which Visa, Which name thing, i know how you feel
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

I was allocated a CO this week. 309 visa holders are assigned a CO after the grant date. I am told it shouldn't be too long now. Apparently, many files that were to be processed in Canberra have been distributed to other regional areas in order to clear the backlog.

Last edited by Tina7; Oct 8th 2010 at 12:54 am.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Trassel is on a distinguished road

Very good Tina ! Did you contact them? Let us know what additional information they ask for... Cheers and all the best!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trassel
Very good Tina ! Did you contact them? Let us know what additional information they ask for... Cheers and all the best!!!!!!!!
Yes, I had called them. Let's hope we can have our PR finalised before year end. We have full working rights, Medicare and all the bells and whistles... but it's like being a little bit pregnant.

Last edited by Tina7; Oct 13th 2010 at 3:43 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.