Wikiposts

update of having docs certified!!

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default update of having docs certified!!

Just to let you know i emailed vetassess regarding who can certify documents, i specifically asked about police and they emailed me back confirming that police can certify.
I would suggest that before anyone pays for a solicitor or notary of the public that they just check with vetassess as i am sure if police are ok then medical professionals may also be ok!! Vetassess were very quick to respond as i emailed in the evening and had a reply next day!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: update of having docs certified!!

Please be aware that the police can not certify for a Visa though. We emailed the DIAC when we needed our stuff certifying and were told that for the Visa that it had to be a Solicitor, Notary of the Public or a Magistrate. I am not sure if this is the same for the TRA as we got a Solicitor to do ours and passed it.

Hope this helps someone as I would hate for them to get documents certified and find that they are not accepted. This whole process is stressful enough.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

i had mine done by a JP (very helpfull) she informed me that they are not supposed to charge for this service, i was all set to pay a soliciter to sign when i found this info out. hope it helps. she signed 64 pages no probs and happy to do it as well.
john
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for pointing out that it would not be acceptable for police to certify for a visa as i would hate someone to mis read my thread and have to wait longer for their visa!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Thanks for pointing out that it would not be acceptable for police to certify for a visa as i would hate someone to mis read my thread and have to wait longer for their visa!
Hi again, hope you didn't think that I was sticking my ore in so to speak but just thought that if people assumed that the police could certify everything, then they may find out the hard way that it may not be accepted and that seemed very unfair.

Kind regards to all Lou xx
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnknight001
i had mine done by a JP (very helpfull) she informed me that they are not supposed to charge for this service, i was all set to pay a soliciter to sign when i found this info out. hope it helps. she signed 64 pages no probs and happy to do it as well.
john
We took our down to the local courts and after waiting an hour after the time we were told to be there, a lady came out and said that they couldn't do it afterall. We even told them how many copies we needed certifying over the phone and they were ok until we got there. Please check first so as not to be dissappointed as we were.

Lou xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi, very strange, my jp said that it was part of their responsibilitys as a person of stature ie being a jp, i would have a good moan about that,
john