Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Update from DIMIA - 136 Skilled Independant Non MODL

Wikiposts

Update from DIMIA - 136 Skilled Independant Non MODL

Old Jan 16th 2006, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update from DIMIA - 136 Skilled Independant Non MODL

We understand that gobbyjock, however my sister was in the pre July and she only waited 3 and a half months for hers.

It is just this waiting and the differing opinions on when they come and they dont. Cracks some of us up and some of us deal better with it. Me! It cracks me up lol

lace xxx
Old Jan 16th 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
To be honest you need to put it into perspective (I know it`s a long time when you re waiting and checking everyday) but it wasn`t so long ago that people were pre July 04 (I think) and the rules changed meaning that people applying after July 04 were being done before the pre Julyers. That must have been a sickener!! Other countries take far longer to process / issue visa`s (Canada for instance)
yeah, think Jaj posted that for canada, they can take up to 4 years!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:54 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

For me it was a 5 months wait, 136 MODL, from february to july 05.
It seems now waiting periods are longer; anyway tale a look at www.austimeline.com
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:56 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
We understand that gobbyjock, however my sister was in the pre July and she only waited 3 and a half months for hers.

It is just this waiting and the differing opinions on when they come and they dont. Cracks some of us up and some of us deal better with it. Me! It cracks me up lol

lace xxx
Yeh I hear what your saying - it`s not so bad if everyone is getting them in the same time frame but there doe not seem to be any consistency.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

No thats it gobbyjock. I think we are all getting P*** off with the fact that, if you could at least be guaranteed a CO in 4 months then people wouldn't be too bad about it all. It gives you someone human to talk to then.

The problem is there is no-one to ask and why in gods earth they take the time they do is beyond me.

However, not my call, Australian Governments. Having said that I bet our immigration is as bad lol

lace x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 7:41 am
Greek Goddess

Yep! You are right happymum.. :rolleyes:

Maybe the agent knew what he was doing..probably he just wanted us to
be in safe hands through out the immigration process (with our brother
there to sponser us).

Oh sure...Canada sounds tooo looong away with 4 years time :p .Thankful
that everything is going smoothly and probably this 1 year wait period
is just a way to give us enought time to get geared up and start life
in a new country.

Let's all wait together peacefully and patiently....as one
says..'Everything happens for the best' ;)

Take care everyone.....Greek Goddess

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net