Wikiposts

Unsure what Visa to use! Any advice?

Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unsure what Visa to use! Any advice?

Originally Posted by Shellyj
Congratulations. But when you have raised the money to sponser your partner make sure you raise enough for a passport because you need it to make an application to sponser them.
...and there's also a chance of being asked either when you apply for the passport or for the Spouse Visa as to why you entered Aus on a tourist visa.........

I certainly wouldn't be recommending anyone else tries it even though you were lucky enough to get away with it.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 24th 2011 at 7:26 am.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:08 am
Just Joined

CridAndEm is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i think if ive managed to put together the $1750 for the visa i can afford the $250 for an Aussie passport. Not sure where you got that gem tho as none of the documents or laws that i can find to do with this mention anything about me needing a passport. If youre thinking ill need that to prove my identity/citizenship then no, i dont need one as i have more than enough other documents to prove im Australian. Unlike in the UK, our drivers licenses provide just as much proof of identity as a passport, as does my birth cert.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

And i can quite easily explain the same way i did at the airport. To get on the plane. I cant be deported from my own country. Im not the only person whos ever travelled in and out of Australia on a non Australian passport.

It goes back to my theory right at the start of the discussion. An airline MAY refuse to board me if i cant provide ample right to be in the country im going to, in case i get to the other end and im not really a citizen and get sent back, the airline gets fined, hence the tourist visa. Australian immigration CANNOT deport me for not having a passport once im there as i have a legal right to be in my own country.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Anyhoo, i keep forgetting that rather than being a good source of info, this is ultimately just another forum website with all the same politicking etc, i have not actually had any useful information from people who actually know what theyre talking about, and instead of this being about visa info for my partner its turned into a s***fight about high post count people being right over a newbie whos proven you wrong anyway (my sole purpose for coming back here to tell you im back home again tbh. Arent i a mean person.) As im back here now i can actually direct my queries to the DIMA itself with a local phone call rather than asking people that are only interested in keeping themselves looking good Im sure youll be happy that i wont be coming here again for any advice lol.

Tell you what, when i call them ill even tell em how i got back here and see if they send the party van around and kick my butt back to the UK. I wont hold my breath tho.

Jog on
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You asked for advice about your particular problem. You were given the facts and the proof from DIAC about those facts. You then decide for some bizarre reason to go around those rules and come back here to say in effect, that we're all unhelpful and that we have our own agenda? You're a fool but that's your problem, not ours.

Thread closed.