Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Unrequested Meds & PCC's-Does it slow up application?

Wikiposts

Unrequested Meds & PCC's-Does it slow up application?

Old Dec 28th 2004, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Unrequested Meds & PCC's-Does it slow up application?

Hi All.

Well my application (136 non MODL) has been with DIMIA since the first week of March 2004. Since then I have heard NOTHING :-(
My agent had been informing me along the way that I should have heard something by Sept-Oct. These came and went without hearing a thing. I know I am not the only one suffering the imaptience of waiting so I continue to wait as I was told the application was going to take 54 weeks to complete. Given that the 54 weeks will be up in 14 weeks time and not being asked for the PCC's and Med's yet, I'm wondering if this is still a feasible target for completion??? I have heard that trying to find out if the application is progressing over there by contacting DIMIA can slow up the process so I am reluctent to try this. My dilema is whether or not to send the PCC's & Med's that we have had done, even though we have not been asked for them as does this constitute 'accessing the application' prior to it being worked on which in turn slows it down even more??? Anyone have any experience or knowledge or suggestions - would greatly appreciate them.

Many thanks,

Woz.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Unrequested Meds & PCC's-Does it slow up application?

Originally Posted by Wozza
Hi All.

Well my application (136 non MODL) has been with DIMIA since the first week of March 2004. Since then I have heard NOTHING :-(
My agent had been informing me along the way that I should have heard something by Sept-Oct. These came and went without hearing a thing. I know I am not the only one suffering the imaptience of waiting so I continue to wait as I was told the application was going to take 54 weeks to complete. Given that the 54 weeks will be up in 14 weeks time and not being asked for the PCC's and Med's yet, I'm wondering if this is still a feasible target for completion??? I have heard that trying to find out if the application is progressing over there by contacting DIMIA can slow up the process so I am reluctent to try this. My dilema is whether or not to send the PCC's & Med's that we have had done, even though we have not been asked for them as does this constitute 'accessing the application' prior to it being worked on which in turn slows it down even more??? Anyone have any experience or knowledge or suggestions - would greatly appreciate them.

Many thanks,

Woz.
I would like to know this information too.
What are other peoples time lines once they sent their meds (requested)
Tara
Old Dec 28th 2004, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

jinglelam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali south
I would like to know this information too.
What are other peoples time lines once they sent their meds (requested)
Tara
I wanna know this as well!
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:03 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jinglelam
I wanna know this as well!
Hi All

Don't get worried. As far as I know Before christmas they were processing the last week feb applications. I think with the new year things will start moving again. The only hitch I see is that 13th april. There will be a flood of them before the points raise. The rest only time can tell.

Hold on till the second week of january you will see the movement. Based on that you can make the decision of doing meds and pcc.

Hope this helps
Badri
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:12 am
Just Joined

jinglelam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All

Don't get worried. As far as I know Before christmas they were processing the last week feb applications. I think with the new year things will start moving again. The only hitch I see is that 13th april. There will be a flood of them before the points raise. The rest only time can tell.

Hold on till the second week of january you will see the movement. Based on that you can make the decision of doing meds and pcc.

Hope this helps
Badri

My dearest Badri,

No matter whether your words are true or not, they really please me and i feel much better now!
Thank you thank you thank you!

BTW, how did you know the processing situation of aspc? It's just a sort of curiosity~

cheers,

Fion
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:23 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

My dearest Badri,

No matter whether your words are true or not, they really please me and i feel much better now!

BTW, how did you know the processing situation of aspc? It's just a sort of curiosity~

cheers,

Fion

Well If you go by the got its and other information along with the information from agents you might have noticed that they are processing the feb at the same time some people are waiting. The major problem is most of them have frontloaded with the meds and pcc so we might not see got the meds request but mostly got it!! So there you go..
Don't worry I know I am not a fortune teller but I am sure they will start processing the march applications in the month of january.

Badri
Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:12 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hello Wozza in the same slow banana boat as yourself
They tell us the Q is moving but hu hum don’t seem like it 2 me......
We have decided almost as Badri described to give it a couple of weeks into January and then go for the Meds and Pcc check...... got the med forms from Aus House London Ready!

If I don’t here by Feb then I am going to start kicking the Sand cos I am fed up now let alone 2 months from now.
We have been trying and planning for 4 years now. It frustrates me so much that DIMIA are unaccountable and agents don’t have the bollocks to say hang on a minute these people have lives to plan tooooo!

I Dare not say to much more or the Mods slam you down or pull ya post! Left trouser up funny handshake wink wink
Good luck 2 ya all
Old Dec 29th 2004, 4:36 am
Wemmy

I passed my papers in Sydney Sep 12, 2003. Included Med and Clearances
from local authorities... Had a pending migration to Canada as well..
left for Canada July 2004... been here... employed... and everything
for the past 6 months. Life has been good. The only problem is that
my siblings are all in Australians and am the only one here.
Bottomline is I still am interested to live in Australia.. not to
mention it is a lot closer to where I originally came from. No word on
my papers since 2003... Have followed up with migration lawyer just
this week....I may start to follow up with ASPC around January....
Does anyone else have problems concerning applications passed 1 year ++
going on 2 or past "the promised time".... aside from this does anyone
know if you can be canadian as well as australian at the same time...

Wem

Wozza wrote:
    > Hi All.
    > Well my application (136 non MODL) has been with DIMIA since the
first
    > week of March 2004. Since then I have heard NOTHING :-(
    > My agent had been informing me along the way that I should have heard
    > something by Sept-Oct. These came and went without hearing a thing. I
    > know I am not the only one suffering the imaptience of waiting so I
    > continue to wait as I was told the application was going to take 54
    > weeks to complete. Given that the 54 weeks will be up in 14 weeks
time
    > and not being asked for the PCC's and Med's yet, I'm wondering if
this
    > is still a feasible target for completion??? I have heard that
trying
    > to find out if the application is progressing over there by
contacting
    > DIMIA can slow up the process so I am reluctent to try this. My
dilema
    > is whether or not to send the PCC's & Med's that we have had done,
even
    > though we have not been asked for them as does this constitute
    > 'accessing the application' prior to it being worked on which in turn
    > slows it down even more??? Anyone have any experience or knowledge or
    > suggestions - would greatly appreciate them.
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Woz.
    >
    > --
    > Wozza
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:10 pm
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

Hope this helps
Badri
I don't mean to be pessimistic as I have no reason to be, but I am just being realistic.

From austimeline, we can clearly see that processing for 136 non-modl pre-july before Christmas has only been up to mid feb, 16th to be exact. Those few who applied in mid feb did not front load their meds and pcc. I know for sure because there is this person by the nick of "hkguy" that I keep in touch closely with.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:13 pm
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

My dearest Badri,

cheers,

Fion
Have you checked out www.austimeline.com already?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:13 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Water boils slower when observed.

Each application is different, so trying to estimate when your application will be looked at will only stress yourself out and add on to your blood pressure.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:34 pm
Grateful

Originally Posted by ptlabs

Each application is different, so trying to estimate when your application will be looked at will only stress yourself out and add on to your blood pressure.

Peter
Yeah, especially when you know you have no control over the pot.

Anyway... the way me and my wife use to comfort ourselves is thought of this is a once in a lifetime thing.. and it'll change the rest of our lives... for the better
Old Dec 29th 2004, 8:31 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by ptlabs

Peter
Thanks for the remarks
Badri
Old Dec 29th 2004, 8:38 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Hope this helps
Badri
Hi Badri,

This points increase on 13 April - is this definate do you know what ot entails exactly?

Cheers

Jon
Old Dec 29th 2004, 8:44 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by wargod
Hi Badri,

This points increase on 13 April - is this definate do you know what ot entails exactly?

Cheers

Jon
Hi

There had been a detailed note about the points raise on gomatilda website as well as DIMIA.

To make it short as of from 14th arpil the points raised to 120 as well as the new processing way where the documents (meds and pcc are requested with the acknowledgement.) The main difference is points raise as well as shorter processing time 3-4 months when compared to the old ones.

Badri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.