Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

The Unanswerable Merged Questions Thread, July 2013 onwards......

The Unanswerable Merged Questions Thread, July 2013 onwards......

Old Jul 15th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

noobrex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Unanswerable Merged Questions Thread, July 2013 onwards......

Hi -Has anyone recently received the VIC SS ? Can you please share the timelines.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria SS Timelines - ICT / Non ICT

Originally Posted by noobrex
Hi -Has anyone recently received the VIC SS ? Can you please share the timelines.
This is a forum for questions about the migration process, NOT a timeline site, sorry. This is because every application is individual and it is pointless - especially for skills visas - to base your timeline on someone else's.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Default Reasons for Vic SS delay /rejections - Parameters

Hi, Just wanted to check if there are any specific reasons for Vic SS delay and rejections ?

Would request the seniors folks to please respond. I am very worried as I have filled Vic SS and its already been 8 weeks now. Waiting is still on.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for Vic SS delay /rejections - Parameters

Hi, Just wanted to check if there are any specific reasons for Vic SS delay and rejections ?

Would request the seniors folks to please respond. I am very worried as I have filled Vic SS and its already been 8 weeks now. Waiting is still on.
How would we know? You'd have to ask Victoria, but sitting and waiting patiently is probably a better idea

Threads merged
Old Jul 17th 2013, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How would we know? You'd have to ask Victoria, but sitting and waiting patiently is probably a better idea

Threads merged
Pollyana which kind of questions can someone ask here ? Can you guide me please.

Going by your logic you (this forum) are neither DIAC representatives and Aus govt representative so you cant answer anything ...just give your opinions based on experience or quote guidelines from the immi aus site. Thats is what I was looking for

If you have a better and logical answer to this please do reply.

Last edited by noobrex; Jul 17th 2013 at 4:01 am.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 5:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana which kind of questions can someone ask here ? Can you guide me please.

Going by your logic you (this forum) are neither DIAC representatives and Aus govt representative so you cant answer anything ...just give your opinions based on experience or quote guidelines from the immi aus site. Thats is what I was looking for

If you have a better and logical answer to this please do reply.
How do you expect lay people who do not work for the State Sposnsorship department in Victoria to tell you if there is a delay, and if so what? Think logically, the only person who knows of there is a delay in your application is the person dealing with it! And they aren;t going to be posting on here.
By all means ask the question, but as you will see by the title of the thread, it is unanswerable - no-one knows what the answer is, thats the point of this ongoing thread. In the big wide world of immigration there are many questions which cannot ever be answered, timeline and speculation questions are amongst them

And THAT is based on 12 years of exposure to and experience in the big wide world of Australian immigration.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How do you expect lay people who do not work for the State Sposnsorship department in Victoria to tell you if there is a delay, and if so what? Think logically, the only person who knows of there is a delay in your application is the person dealing with it! And they aren;t going to be posting on here.
By all means ask the question, but as you will see by the title of the thread, it is unanswerable - no-one knows what the answer is, thats the point of this ongoing thread. In the big wide world of immigration there are many questions which cannot ever be answered, timeline and speculation questions are amongst them

And THAT is based on 12 years of exposure to and experience in the big wide world of Australian immigration.
I am not at all doubting your experience, I just wanted to see if someone is aware of the trend and how it works and trying to predict if this would be positive or negative based on the data from the trend.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 11:43 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not at all doubting your experience, I just wanted to see if someone is aware of the trend and how it works and trying to predict if this would be positive or negative based on the data from the trend.
As Pollyana has already said, it wouldn't be possible. All we'd be doing is speculating. All we do know is that Victoria are very choosy when they come to sponsoring applicants. If they don't think you meet their standards, they will reject you. If they don't think you're really committed to the state, they will reject you. If you want to analyse rejections & delays, I suggest using the search function to look up any old threads that have involved people being rejected by Victoria.

I doubt if it'll help, but it might make you feel better.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
As Pollyana has already said, it wouldn't be possible. All we'd be doing is speculating. All we do know is that Victoria are very choosy when they come to sponsoring applicants. If they don't think you meet their standards, they will reject you. If they don't think you're really committed to the state, they will reject you. If you want to analyse rejections & delays, I suggest using the search function to look up any old threads that have involved people being rejected by Victoria.

I doubt if it'll help, but it might make you feel better.
I have been unable to figure the standards thats the only issue.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

eternalsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 190 State Nomination Application (Processing Priority)

Hi,

Just a bit confused, would appreciate some help.

Am I right to understand that 190 state nominated application's processing at max would be 3 months after making the online visa application be it the application goes through internal/external security checks of HR or LR country.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...isas/8.0.htm#a

Regards,
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:22 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 190 State Nomination Application (Processing Priority)

Originally Posted by eternalsunshine
Hi,

Am I right to understand that 190 state nominated application's processing at max would be 3 months after making the online visa application be it the application goes through internal/external security checks of HR or LR country.

Regards,
The times given are guidelines, and it is stated that DIBP aim to clear 75% of applications in the times stated but that each application is unique
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: 190 State Nomination Application (Processing Priority)

Originally Posted by eternalsunshine
Hi,

Regards,
I'd be surprised at security checks in a high risk country going through that fast...but you never know.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:28 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: The Unanswerable Merged Questions Thread, July 2013 onwards......

Threads merged