UK police checks while in Oz

Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default UK police checks while in Oz

I have a few queries and would appreciate any help.

I have to obtain UK police checks from Australia and wonder how to make payment when the Met Police don't accept overseas postal orders, credit card numbers or cash!

Also, do I have to list ALL previous addresses, or just the ones from the last 10 years?

Cheers
Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK police checks while in Oz

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

I have to obtain UK police checks from Australia and wonder how to make payment when the Met Police don't accept overseas postal orders, credit card numbers or cash!

Also, do I have to list ALL previous addresses, or just the ones from the last 10 years?

Cheers
Do you have a friend or relative in the UK that could forward the form if you send it to them, enclosing a cheque? Or any Expat mates out here that still have a UK cheque book? (ifnot, pm me, we might be able to work something out)

Just checked out the form, and it looks like its just the last 10 years.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you have a friend or relative in the UK that could forward the form if you send it to them, enclosing a cheque? Or any Expat mates out here that still have a UK cheque book? (ifnot, pm me, we might be able to work something out)
Yeah I think I'll have to forward the forms to a relative in the UK to post for me along with payment.

Just checked out the form, and it looks like its just the last 10 years.
I've got the form here, but it says 'If you have lived at the above address for less than 10 years, please include your previous address(es) on a separate piece of paper'

Now to me that isn't clear if they only want the last 10 years or ALL prev addresses ...

You think only the last 10 yeah?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:43 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Could I be cheeky and ask what the checks are for?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Could I be cheeky and ask what the checks are for?
You can no problem.

To go with an application for PR.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
Hiya
We applied for checks a few months ago, you can send an international money order from your bank, just ask at the counter.
I think we had to pay a bit on top of the amount, can't remember how much sorry.
Sue
Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Hiya
We applied for checks a few months ago, you can send an international money order from your bank, just ask at the counter.
I think we had to pay a bit on top of the amount, can't remember how much sorry.
Sue
Thanks, I'll look into it
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

'If you have lived at the above address for less than 10 years, please include your previous address(es) on a separate piece of paper'
I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on this one.

Booklet 6 and Form 47P states this:

So it's ONLY the last 10 years right?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on this one.

Booklet 6 and Form 47P states this:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u.../character.jpg

So it's ONLY the last 10 years right?

Yes.

Where it says on the form, if you haven't lived at this address for 10 years, list previous address , it means list ALL addresses that you have lived in for the past 10 years
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes.

Where it says on the form, if you haven't lived at this address for 10 years, list previous address , it means list ALL addresses that you have lived in for the past 10 years
Ok, I'm taking it as def 10 years then.

Good!

Thank you ...

Now let's see about this 'International money order' from the bank and get them in the post!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:45 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes.

what she said
Old Jun 10th 2007, 3:50 am
Account Closed

what she said
Thanks to you too ...
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:19 am
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice

It doesnt matter if it was for the last ten years or not ,When you get your PC back it will list all offences form your 16th birthday but for immi purposes they only look at the last 10yrs.

My PC showed minor offences when I was 17 yrs old but my case officer said they were onlt interested in the last 10yrs or any really serious offences.

So unless youve killed someone or done drugs or been a peed dont worry!!

Mike
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nairn

Mike
I'll be ok then.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Nairn
It doesnt matter if it was for the last ten years or not ,When you get your PC back it will list all offences form your 16th birthday but for immi purposes they only look at the last 10yrs.

My PC showed minor offences when I was 17 yrs old but my case officer said they were onlt interested in the last 10yrs or any really serious offences.

Mike
It was addresses for the last ten years we were discussing, not dates of offences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.