Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS assessment of database developer / designer

ACS assessment of database developer / designer

Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:31 am
Just Joined

minifrench is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment of database developer / designer

Guys ,
Im a database administrator and have 8+ years work experience .I heard that database designer /developer is applicable for ASCO code 261313 software engineer /261312 software developer .
But I still don't know how to write my reference letter about job duties .

Does any one have the same experience ,any advice ? S.O.S
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:33 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS assessment of database developer / designer

Originally Posted by minifrench
Guys ,
Im a database administrator and have 8+ years work experience .I heard that database designer /developer is applicable for ASCO code 261313 software engineer /261312 software developer .
But I still don't know how to write my reference letter about job duties .

Does any one have the same experience ,any advice ? S.O.S
Database administrator has it's own occupation code, 262111, and is on the short term skills list. You could not use the occupation for 189 visas, but would be okay for state sponsored 190. It is also not subject to the pro-rata arrangements that Software and Application programmers are subject to (group 2613).

However, info can be found on ACS site : https://www.acs.org.au/msa/informati...pplicants.html

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...ust%202017.pdf

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...02017%20V4.pdf
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:36 am
Just Joined

minifrench is an unknown quantity at this point

@old.sparkles , I just wanna say .Thank You very much !You are a legend
Old Oct 28th 2017, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

rkbn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Database administrator has it's own occupation code, 262111, and is on the short term skills list. You could not use the occupation for 189 visas, but would be okay for state sponsored 190. It is also not subject to the pro-rata arrangements that Software and Application programmers are subject to (group 2613).

Hi old.sparkles,

Since database administrator is not subject to pro-rata arrangements, does this mean it has a higher chance of getting an invitation?

Do states nominate candidates with higher number of points first OR does anyone meeting the criteria can get a nomination?
Old Oct 28th 2017, 10:51 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rkbn
Hi old.sparkles,

Since database administrator is not subject to pro-rata arrangements, does this mean it has a higher chance of getting an invitation?

Do states nominate candidates with higher number of points first OR does anyone meeting the criteria can get a nomination?
Each state sets it's own criteria - you would need to check. For all states, you would need to show a commitment to the state I would think.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 5:54 am
Just Joined

However, info can be found on ACS site : https://www.acs.org.au/msa/informati...pplicants.html

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...ust%202017.pdf

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...02017%20V4.pdf
Any idea what does "subject to the pro-rata arrangements" mean?
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by rkbn
Any idea what does "subject to the pro-rata arrangements" mean?
Some occupation groups are over-subscribed and they ration the invitations are only issue a limited number during each round,
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Some occupation groups are over-subscribed and they ration the invitations are only issue a limited number during each round,
Thanks old.sparkles !