UK Passport from Aus

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Dr Frasier Crane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport from Aus

Hi, anyone know the quickest way to renew my 6 yr old daughters UK passport from here in OZ.
Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:52 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK Passport from Aus

Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane
Hi, anyone know the quickest way to renew my 6 yr old daughters UK passport from here in OZ.
Thanks
you can do it on this site!

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Passport from Aus

Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane
Thanks
Forget quickest - you don't have terribly much choice in how you do it! Unless her passport is still valid and you wish to return to the UK to renew it in person at the UKPA there (I can't imagine why you would want to do that but you never know!) then you will have to renew it through the British High Commission in Canberra - the website given above lists everything you need to do and the appropriate forms and fees.

I renewed mine in Nov 06 and turnaround time was very quick - about a week from when they received it from memory.
I think they aim for 10 working days turnaround but do advise that it might take longer.

Good luck with it
Madhu
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:01 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Thank you guys
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:42 am
GCH
Forum Regular

GCH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mvt550
Forget quickest - you don't have terribly much choice in how you do it! Unless her passport is still valid and you wish to return to the UK to renew it in person at the UKPA there (I can't imagine why you would want to do that but you never know!) then you will have to renew it through the British High Commission in Canberra - the website given above lists everything you need to do and the appropriate forms and fees.

I renewed mine in Nov 06 and turnaround time was very quick - about a week from when they received it from memory.
I think they aim for 10 working days turnaround but do advise that it might take longer.

Good luck with it
Madhu
Hi,

Do you need to send in your parents passports and birth and marraige certs. The forms look confusing and make it difficult.

Thanks

Greg
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:12 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCH
Do you need to send in your parents passports and birth and marraige certs. The forms look confusing and make it difficult.
If your parents are not included in your application, then there's no need to submit their passports.

Whether you need your parents' birth and marriage certificates depends on your individual circumstances.

Peter
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCH
Hi,

Only if your claim to British citizenship depends on being born outside the UK to a British born or naturalised parent, or being born in the UK since 1983 with a British citizen or permanent resident parent.

And usually only then for a first time application.