UK and Australian Passports

Old Dec 2nd 2014, 9:58 pm
Joined 28/05/2011

CaptainDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK and Australian Passports

Two questions
1.When I depart Australia to repatriate to UK do I present both my Australian and british passport for a 'Departure Stamp' and the same on arrival UK for an 'Entry' Stamp
2. When I have sold my property and cashed in all my investments and transferred all these funds to my Bank Account is there anything I have to do before transferring all my funds to the UK i.e Government regulations or similar.

I look forward to any help with these questions,
many thanks,
CaptainDave
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 10:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK and Australian Passports

When you leave Australia, present your Australian passport at immigration. This is a requirement for Australian citizens. It will be scanned not stamped. When you reach the UK present your British passport at the border. Likewise it also won't be stamped but scanned. Alternatively, if you have a British ePassport, you can the automatic gates if available.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 12:54 am
Joined 28/05/2011

Hi BritinParis,
Thanks for the info.
Do you have any advice aboput my Question #2.

Thanks,
CaptainDave
PS I might also post that question with a separate thread
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainDave
Hi BritinParis,
Thanks for the info.
Do you have any advice aboput my Question #2.

Thanks,
CaptainDave
PS I might also post that question with a separate thread
It's your money, you can do what you want with it and no you don't have to tell anyone. If there are tax implications / capital gains for example then you deal with those in the usual way through your tax return when the time comes.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:30 am
Joined 28/05/2011

Thanks Bermudashorts (Great user name)
Sorry to say that the staff at my Bank are not very helpful or incompetent or reluctant to see all my money gone from their Bank lol
Next thing I have to sort out is the transportation of my beloved dog on the same Qantas flight I will be on.
Cheers mate, Dave.