Wikiposts

Two working holiday visas?

Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Lester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really niceLester_Burnham is just really nice
Default Two working holiday visas?

9 Years ago I did a 1 year WHV in Australia on my British passport. The thing is I now want to go again for a year. I also hold citizenship with Sweden and a Swedish passport, Sweden also has a WHV arrangement with Australia. I realise that you are only supposed to be allowed to do the WHV once in your life but whats to stop me doing it a second time on my Swedish passport? Does anyone know anyone who had done this?
PS - I comply with all the rest of the eligibility criteria.

Cheers everyone
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:40 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two working holiday visas?

Originally Posted by Lester_Burnham
9 Years ago I did a 1 year WHV in Australia on my British passport. The thing is I now want to go again for a year. I also hold citizenship with Sweden and a Swedish passport, Sweden also has a WHV arrangement with Australia. I realise that you are only supposed to be allowed to do the WHV once in your life but whats to stop me doing it a second time on my Swedish passport? Does anyone know anyone who had done this?
PS - I comply with all the rest of the eligibility criteria.

Cheers everyone
Hi Lester,

The limitation is on you as an individual. Having two passports doesn't make you two different people.

Even if you got the visa because their systems didn't initially data match you, you could face problems at every subsequent stage as data match procedures are run again, eg on check in for your flight to Australia, at transit points, at customs and in every encounter with authority here. Of course, if you then wanted to make an application for some other visa to remain here, there'd be a lot of explaining required.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:23 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Also, even though your passport details may be different, your date of birth, name, place of birth etc would be the same - I'm sure they compare these details.

I'm not sure what your aspirations are, but you are probably eligible for a NZ WHV which is valid for 23 months.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

KatieU is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Lester_Burnham,

I agree with the other persons - the visa will be connected to you personally.
I am not sure if you have maybe another chance to get a second WHV as this is possible since a short time.

If copied here some interesting information from DIMIA about 2nd WHV.
Here the link: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/49whm.htm

--- Start copy ---
For first and second Working Holiday visa applications made outside Australia, working holiday makers are permitted a stay of 12 months from date of initial entry to Australia regardless of whether or not they spend the whole period in Australia.
Second Working Holiday visa applications may be made from either in or outside Australia.
To meet the requirements for the second Working Holiday visa, applicants will need to continue to meet the criteria for a Working Holiday visa outlined above, as well as have evidence of their three months of employment as a seasonal worker in regional Australia (see Second Working Holiday visa above).
For second Working Holiday visa applications made inside Australia, the length of stay permitted depends on the type of visa held at the time of application. If the applicant holds a first Working Holiday visa when they apply, their second Working Holiday visa will permit them a total stay in Australia of 24 months from the date they first arrived on their first Working Holiday visa. If the applicant holds any other type of visa when they apply, their second Working Holiday visa will allow them a stay of 12 months from the date of grant.
--- End copy ---

As I don't know if this way is only possible for people who have applied for the first WHV since last Oct or if everyone can use this opportunity, I would like to suggest that you check this.

Best wishes,
Katie