Wikiposts

Two Questions

Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:01 am
Just Joined

bennyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two Questions

Dear all,

Almost ready to file my application for skilled 136. Just thought I’d ask two questions to be on the safe side.

1. Is it important how much money I say I will bring into OZ? (question 24 on the application form). Do they check it?

2. My second question is less general: My first name is Benjamin, but it is sometimes spelt Binyamin (from the original in Hebrew). I ask because I saw someone ask this after DIMIA gave him some trouble over spelling the name Sean. Do I need to send a letter with my application, explaining that there are 2 ways to spell it, or is it just over worrying?

Thank all of you for all the help. It’s just a great site!

Cheers
Ben
Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default Re: Two Questions

1. Is it important how much money I say I will bring into OZ? (question 24 on the application form). Do they check it?

From what others have said- it doesnt seem to matter how much money you put down as it isnt checked- we are just having to guess as it depends on how much the house sells for !

2. My second question is less general: My first name is Benjamin, but it is sometimes spelt Binyamin (from the original in Hebrew). I ask because I saw someone ask this after DIMIA gave him some trouble over spelling the name Sean. Do I need to send a letter with my application, explaining that there are 2 ways to spell it, or is it just over worrying?

On the form there is a question thats asks if you have ever been known by any other name or if there are different spellings of your name- I would think it would be sufficient just to fill this in. I wouldnt think a seperate letter would be needed but do it if it puts your mind at rest !!

natty