Tuition fee for provisional visa holder

Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Kath C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tuition fee for provisional visa holder

Dear all,
My husband is Australian and I was granted a provisional spouse visa. I am planning to study in an online MA program in an Australian university before we move there in 2005. Does anybody happen to know whether I have to pay the international fee or the permanent resident fee? (I checked NSW Department of Education and Training's website and learned that for high-school level (and lower), provisional spouse visa holders do not have to pay. But how about higher education, ie, graduate schools?

Thank you for your help.
kath
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kath /

There was a post similar to this one a few months ago Use the search button and you may be able to find it Basically if you are on a Provisional Spouse Visa you will have to pay International rates which are a lot more expensive than internal rates for a University approved course My wife was in a similar situation to you in Victoria Regards Gerard