TRN?

Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRN?

Hi all

Probably really obvious question but is the TRN the same as the File Ref Number on my application acknowledgement.

If it is not, why have i not received my TRN, do people who applied online only get a TRN.

Anyway, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Cheers
Stuart
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

vv_rgr_vv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRN?

Originally Posted by Pinny
Hi all

Probably really obvious question but is the TRN the same as the File Ref Number on my application acknowledgement.

If it is not, why have i not received my TRN, do people who applied online only get a TRN.

Anyway, if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Cheers
Stuart
Yes, you'll normally get a TRN when you applied online.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

nan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

how does paper based people track thier application ?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

vv_rgr_vv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nan4
It seems there's no easy way. One option is to ring DIAC.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nan4

Same way as online applicants track their application - you wait for emails from DIAC. Online status is of very little use for "tracking".

I was an online applicant and nothing happened for six months. Then the day I got an email from a CO requesting medicals, my documents changed to met this day, but it didn't tell me anything new because I already had the email.

A couple of months later I got another email from my CO telling me my visa was granted. This day my online status changed to "Applicant approved". But of course I already knew this because I had the email. So online status did not tell me anything, everything I needed to know came to me in an email.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The reason i ask is that i applied for a 175 then applied for state sponsorship, i have an email saying that i have got state sponsorship and must do the following:

"Wait until you receive Notification with the TRN number from DIAC – When you receive the TRN number, you must access the Client Tracking System via http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/app...lled_index.php follow the prompts to enter the TRN number into the Application Form. (This will automatically generate the form and send it to DIAC and you will receive notification of this within 48 hours. If you have not received this notification, check your ‘Spam’ folder). However it may take up to 2 weeks for DIAC to physically receive this form."

If i originally applied by paper based & my acknowledgement has no TRN on it, how can i do the above?

Cheers
Stuart