The Travelling IELTS Book

Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:23 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about
Default The Travelling IELTS Book

Hi All,

I dont know how to put a thread at the top, so if anyone knows how to do it, can you please tell me.

I recently took my IELTS test and passed.....woooo hoooo.

The saving grace was the IELTS book and CD loaned to me by another Expats member. I am now the third to use this book and pass, so it is proving a very good (and lucky) study aid. It really helped me understand the format of the test and there are also some good practice tests too.

So now I have finished with it, I am ready to forward it on to anyone else taking the IELTS test. If anybody wants it, PM me with your address and I'll post it on.

The only conditions to anybody borrowing the book is that they add their name to the list in the front cover and agree to forward it onto the next IELTS test taker.

Thanks

Yorky
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Default Re: The Travelling IELTS Book

Is that book still available If so I would be interested but cant PM you for some reason so not able to give you my address. If the book has moved on then no worries and good luck to the next taker
Thanks

Jo x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on passing your test.

And what a lovely idea!

Karen
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

fictionalsummer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Yorky1969
Hi All,

I dont know how to put a thread at the top, so if anyone knows how to do it, can you please tell me.

I recently took my IELTS test and passed.....woooo hoooo.

The saving grace was the IELTS book and CD loaned to me by another Expats member. I am now the third to use this book and pass, so it is proving a very good (and lucky) study aid. It really helped me understand the format of the test and there are also some good practice tests too.

So now I have finished with it, I am ready to forward it on to anyone else taking the IELTS test. If anybody wants it, PM me with your address and I'll post it on.

The only conditions to anybody borrowing the book is that they add their name to the list in the front cover and agree to forward it onto the next IELTS test taker.

Thanks

Yorky
I think this is a great idea and shows what this site is all about by helping each other.

I too have an official IELTS book with a cd that I'm willing to forward to someone needing it. Again as long as you are willing to forward it after you've finished with it and add your name on the inside cover.

Simon
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:03 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jo,

Sorry, but I have already forwarded the book on. I sent it to "avi" in Cheshire who was also in the middle of taking her uni exams and was a bit stressed so really thankful for the book. Just hope the good "karma" continues. She has agreed to forward it on when she's finfished with it, so depending on when you need it, drop her a quick hello to let her know your interested.

I noticed that "fictionalsummer" also has a book he is advertising. Have you tried contacting him? Hoefully he has not already sent it on.

Have you booked a test yet?

Yorky

Originally Posted by jomac1290
Is that book still available If so I would be interested but cant PM you for some reason so not able to give you my address. If the book has moved on then no worries and good luck to the next taker
Thanks

Jo x
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:06 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Awwww thanks Karen, thats really nice of you to congratulate me. Very relieved to get through! Are you looking to take a test?

Originally Posted by 1968_karen
Congratulations on passing your test.

And what a lovely idea!

Karen
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:11 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Hi Simon,

I cant take any credit for the idea I'm afraid! It was the brain child of another member and like you, I think its a great idea. Its a real breath of fresh air to see that there are still people out there willing to help. It's restored my faith in humanity!

If you look at my thread you'll see Jo is looking for a book. Has she been in touch? If not, I'm sure she would appreciate the book if she hasnt already sourced one from elsewhere.

I'm assuming that as you are willing to forward your book on that you passed the test then?
Originally Posted by fictionalsummer
I think this is a great idea and shows what this site is all about by helping each other.

I too have an official IELTS book with a cd that I'm willing to forward to someone needing it. Again as long as you are willing to forward it after you've finished with it and add your name on the inside cover.

Simon
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Awwww thanks Karen, thats really nice of you to congratulate me. Very relieved to get through! Are you looking to take a test?
I took the test on the 12th and will get my results next Friday. Very nervous! Keet your fingers crossed for me please!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Simon,

I cant take any credit for the idea I'm afraid! It was the brain child of another member and like you, I think its a great idea. Its a real breath of fresh air to see that there are still people out there willing to help. It's restored my faith in humanity!

If you look at my thread you'll see Jo is looking for a book. Has she been in touch? If not, I'm sure she would appreciate the book if she hasnt already sourced one from elsewhere.

I'm assuming that as you are willing to forward your book on that you passed the test then?

Yep had my results yesterday, so glad to have got it out of the way. They came on first post and I didn't open em till late evening, I was sure I'd failed.

Nice feeling to see I'd done enough.

When and where are you looking to head off?
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Hi Simon,

Hi Yorky,
Yes have been in touch with Simon thanks for that. I havent booked yet but intend to take it in Dec in UCD Dublin. So much to do but gradually starting to get my head round the process
Cheers
Jo x
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:08 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Congratulations on getting through. It was a bit nail biting for me too as I was on holiday when my results arrived! I spent the last few days knowing my results were on the mat waiting for me! Big relief when I found out I'd passed.

We are looking to submit our main visa application in the next few weeks. Just waiting for some documents to come and then it's all systems go. Its my 40th birthday in November, so I must lodge before then otherwise its all over. We are also waiting to hear from Western Australia on our SS application and hopefully they will come back to us before my birthday so we can lodge with a bit more confidence.

Depends on how long the visa takes, but I would like to think we will be planning a move early 2011 (house sales permitting etc.). We are wanting to go to Perth and also have some friends outs there. How about you? What are your plans?

Originally Posted by fictionalsummer
Yep had my results yesterday, so glad to have got it out of the way. They came on first post and I didn't open em till late evening, I was sure I'd failed.

Nice feeling to see I'd done enough.

When and where are you looking to head off?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:10 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

You'll be fine I am rooting for you. Let me know how you get on wont you. If I can pass, anybody can pass
Originally Posted by 1968_karen
I took the test on the 12th and will get my results next Friday. Very nervous! Keet your fingers crossed for me please!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I am rooting for you.
You're going to have to get out of the habit of saying that once you make to Perth
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:12 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Go on then...I'll bite?
Originally Posted by louie
You're going to have to get out of the habit of saying that once you make to Perth
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations on getting through. It was a bit nail biting for me too as I was on holiday when my results arrived! I spent the last few days knowing my results were on the mat waiting for me! Big relief when I found out I'd passed.

We are looking to submit our main visa application in the next few weeks. Just waiting for some documents to come and then it's all systems go. Its my 40th birthday in November, so I must lodge before then otherwise its all over. We are also waiting to hear from Western Australia on our SS application and hopefully they will come back to us before my birthday so we can lodge with a bit more confidence.

Depends on how long the visa takes, but I would like to think we will be planning a move early 2011 (house sales permitting etc.). We are wanting to go to Perth and also have some friends outs there. How about you? What are your plans?
That must of felt nice, returning off holiday and passing.

I'm a Mental Health nurse looking to go to North Sydney with my wife and three children. Just waiting for professional ref from my employer to get my skills assessment underway. Then it will be all systems go. Want to get our application in sometime December time if we can.

Hoping to go approx Aug 2010, like you depending on house sales etc.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Simon
p.s. Jo got in touch so I'm sending the IELTS book to her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.