Wikiposts

Travelling awaiting spouse visa

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

heilaandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling awaiting spouse visa

Help please!!... We are in Australia (I am an australian citizen) my husband Paul is here on a PS Visa due to expire in December. We are in the process of submitting a Spouse Visa application. We are planning to go to UK for Christmas (Dec 15) and worried that spouse visa will not have been granted by then. Is there any way Paul can travel to UK while awaiting a spouse visa??
I have heard it might be possible to travel on a bridging visa B. However if you are required to be in the country when the spouse visa is granted how does this work?? or does it???

We would really appreciate some advice. Thanks
Heila and Paul
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Travelling awaiting spouse visa

Originally Posted by heilaandpaul
Help please!!... We are in Australia (I am an australian citizen) my husband Paul is here on a PS Visa due to expire in December. We are in the process of submitting a Spouse Visa application. We are planning to go to UK for Christmas (Dec 15) and worried that spouse visa will not have been granted by then. Is there any way Paul can travel to UK while awaiting a spouse visa??
I have heard it might be possible to travel on a bridging visa B. However if you are required to be in the country when the spouse visa is granted how does this work?? or does it???

Heila and Paul
Hi there,

I believe Bondipom did something similar to what you're saying and just informed his case officer. He was then awarded the visa upon return. It may be a good idea to send him a PM for some more details
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:51 pm
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by heilaandpaul

Heila and Paul
I am in the exact same situation. I lodged my application in Australia and applied for Bridging Visa B a few days later which was granted on the spot. It is very important that you inform your Case Officer about your leave so the visa doesn't get granted while you are overseas.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:44 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbara_CH
I am in the exact same situation. I lodged my application in Australia and applied for Bridging Visa B a few days later which was granted on the spot. It is very important that you inform your Case Officer about your leave so the visa doesn't get granted while you are overseas.

If you plans are as you say then you should take B_CH's advice... Only thing I would add is that you must, must MUST apply before the current visa runs out.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:42 am
Just Joined

heilaandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies. Really helpful. Cheers. PAul
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:02 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi there,

I believe Bondipom did something similar to what you're saying and just informed his case officer. He was then awarded the visa upon return. It may be a good idea to send him a PM for some more details
I was going from temporary spouse visa to PR which is different. I had to inform DIMIA when I was going overseas to avoid grant whilst abroad. Not sure to do if you are currently on a BVA.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
I was going from temporary spouse visa to PR which is different. I had to inform DIMIA when I was going overseas to avoid grant whilst abroad. Not sure to do if you are currently on a BVA.
If you have a BVA it does not give a re-entry facility => you need a BVB.

Helen & Paul: Bridging visa issues can be complex. I'd give IARC a call and talk things through with them, or they may refer you to an advice source more locally. http://www.iarc.asn.au

Jeremy