Travel

Old Aug 5th 2020, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

mlloyd83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel

I'm 37 years old and was thinking about traveling round Austria for a year when I'm 40. And was wondering how long the process would take from applying for visa to health check and also being accepted for the Visa.

any help would be much appreciated
Old Aug 5th 2020, 9:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel

Originally Posted by mlloyd83 View Post
I'm 37 years old and was thinking about traveling round Austria for a year ....
Austria isn't that big a country, so you might not need a whole year.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 10:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 37 years old and was thinking about traveling round Austria for a year when I'm 40. And was wondering how long the process would take from applying for visa to health check and also being accepted for the Visa.

Hi. As you want to stay for longer than 3 months, you'd need to apply for a visitor visa (subclass 600). Being granted a visa that allows you to stay for 12 months isn't an automatic process, as the guide states each application is decided on a case by case basis. You'll need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while in Australia, as this visa doesn't allow you to work. You'll also need health insurance. Best of luck, don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...overseas#About

Old Aug 6th 2020, 6:31 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, don't expect it to happen in a hurry. Australia's borders are closed until sometime in the middle of next year a the very least, and only permanent residents and citizens can enter.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

mlloyd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Hi. As you want to stay for longer than 3 months, you'd need to apply for a visitor visa (subclass 600). Being granted a visa that allows you to stay for 12 months isn't an automatic process, as the guide states each application is decided on a case by case basis. You'll need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while in Australia, as this visa doesn't allow you to work. You'll also need health insurance. Best of luck, don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...overseas#About
As in would be going in about 3 years in will be able to save up quite a bit of money. Also is there any where I can get copies of the Visa form and the healthncheck forms to get a head start. I assume the health insurance would be a go compare job.
Old Aug 7th 2020, 12:44 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As in would be going in about 3 years in will be able to save up quite a bit of money. Also is there any where I can get copies of the Visa form and the healthncheck forms to get a head start. I assume the health insurance would be a go compare job.
All the details you will need are in the link posted by spouse of scouse.
Old Aug 8th 2020, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The health insurance would be within your travel insurance for the duration of your visit and you will complete a questionnaire when you apply for that. However you get travel insurance is up to you - ask around or GoCompare. It's not something you will get when you arrive in Australia.