TRANSFER TO OZ FROM BRITISH ARMY???

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Shenda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRANSFER TO OZ FROM BRITISH ARMY???

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice with where to start? Would I be kept at the same trade as I currently hold in the British army? Do I then apply for citizenship/immigration?

Plus any advice on the regulations on buying property? Apparently I will need to buy a brand new property OR pay double the price? Does this also apply if I have gained Australian citizenship or if I am an overseas buyer still in the British Army?

Thankyou ...
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:19 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRANSFER TO OZ FROM BRITISH ARMY???

Originally Posted by Shenda

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice with where to start? Would I be kept at the same trade as I currently hold in the British army? Do I then apply for citizenship/immigration?

Plus any advice on the regulations on buying property? Apparently I will need to buy a brand new property OR pay double the price? Does this also apply if I have gained Australian citizenship or if I am an overseas buyer still in the British Army?

Thankyou ...
You have lost me... are you transfering from the british army to the Australian army?

If so www.defencejobs.com.au may answer that question no one here would know.

I know of no restrictions on buying property or price implications
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:23 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Not true, sent PM.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shenda

Thankyou ...
Try this thread, I started it a few weeks back, a few people in it seem to have already started or been through the process and may be able to help!

Jenny

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=591426
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:03 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TJUK
Not true, sent PM.
Did you do a lateral transfer yourself or? Just my OH is in the process of doing so...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

BBabes is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a 40+ page thread on the A***E (army rumour service..) forum which will probably answer many of your questions.

The thread contains lots of info and advice from people who have completed the process and those who are part way through.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by BBabes
There's a 40+ page thread on the A***E (army rumour service..) forum which will probably answer many of your questions.

The thread contains lots of info and advice from people who have completed the process and those who are part way through.
Yeah he said he's seen it but that it wasn't much use, maybe he didn't get the right thread!? Men eh lol
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Yeah he said he's seen it but that it wasn't much use, maybe he didn't get the right thread!? Men eh lol
lol

Here's the link for Shenda:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/...start=940.html

Last edited by BBabes; Feb 23rd 2009 at 6:05 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:59 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

lol

hmm I think there's pretty much most of the info here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/...start=940.html
Ta, I'll pass it on to him as he's not on here....

Have you done the lateral transfer yourself or know someone who has?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:53 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Yes about 8 mths ago....Now a Citizen... Mil dont talk much thro this medium but will talk through PM's. Need any advice just holar!

TJ
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

We're in the process...interview last Aug, offer accepted, meds etc completed and due out Jan 2010. Was June 09 but we had to move things back due to work commitments. Visa app about to be sent off, so then it's just the waiting
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:00 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

Another link to start the process:

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recrui...ants/army.aspx
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:04 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

We're in the process...interview last Aug, offer accepted, meds etc completed and due out Jan 2010. Was June 09 but we had to move things back due to work commitments. Visa app about to be sent off, so then it's just the waiting
Remember it well. The Visa shouldn't take too long mines took just over 20 days...as long as all the i's are dotted and t's crossed! Good luck.