Trancripts from University

Old May 14th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future
Default Trancripts from University

Our agent is preparing hubby's skills assessment and we need trancripts of his study for his HND and degree course. We have contacted the university a week ago to ask for these and they replied quite quickly to say they were checking the archives for them. Since then we haven't heard anything. I emailed them again yesterday but still nothing.

Am I being impatient and if they can't find them, what do we do then?

Thanks

Janexxx
Old May 14th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trancripts from University

Originally Posted by jaystar
Our agent is preparing hubby's skills assessment and we need trancripts of his study for his HND and degree course. We have contacted the university a week ago to ask for these and they replied quite quickly to say they were checking the archives for them. Since then we haven't heard anything. I emailed them again yesterday but still nothing.

Thanks

Janexxx
Hi

I had a similar problem as my degree was finished over 20 years ago and transcripts weren't invented then! I had a letter from the college saying that I had completed the course and a bit of general info about duration etc which seemed to work. Good luck - timing issues, could it be that they are busy with finals?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

jaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant futurejaystar has a brilliant future

Thanks for that. Lol, and i don't care if they have finals coming up - don't they realise this is more important????!!!

Janexxx
Old May 14th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

I think they should realise the urgency you have
Old May 14th 2008, 12:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jane BK
Hi

I had a similar problem as my degree was finished over 20 years ago and transcripts weren't invented then!
Examination mark sheets (transcripts) that report what exams you passed and at what grade have always existed.
Old May 14th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they may have always existed but you cannot always get your hands on them!

I have had a problem getting hold of my transcript from uni. Luckily i didn't need it for our visa as i am not the main applicant so only a minor irritation for me. I need it to apply to uni here in Oz for further study. I graduated in 1997 and my uni don't hold academic transcripts for courses that started before 1997! You wouldn't think it would happen would you?

Anyway, after a great deal of correspondence to and fro i managed to obtain a confirmation of study letter and a course outline. However, to my great surprise they included a print out of my units of study and grades. Why this info can't be translated into a transcript is beyond me but that is my next battle!

They can take quite a while to reply though.

Good luck!
Old May 15th 2008, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andysarah
Yes, they may have always existed but you cannot always get your hands on them!
I'd have thought a copy would have been supplied to you at the time you passed your exams.

As for archives, most responsible universities keep this information indefinitely as they know it is sometimes needed decades later.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jaystar

Thanks

Janexxx
I got mine from 20 years+ ago!!! From Leeds university - it does take time - think mine took about a month and cost 20 quid.
Nick
Old May 15th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

nope, we didn't get copies when we graduated. Just the certificate, which i stil have. If they did give them out with the certs then there would be no problem for me.

I went to Greenwich Uni, and their 'policy' is that they do not keep records more than 10 years past graduation, and not before mid 90's as apparently it wasn't a legal requirement to keep them before then. Only just found this out of course.

I think that it is very irresponsible of them not to keep this kind of info, and with everything computerised it should be no problem. I kind of feel that my whole degree is now worthless as it may not count towards the application process for the course i was planning to apply for. Other uni's are obviously more responsible.

I also went to Kings College for my Msc, getting those records was no problem.

sarah
Old May 15th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

nope, we didn't get copies when we graduated. Just the certificate, which i stil have. If they did give them out with the certs then there would be no problem for me.

I went to Greenwich Uni, and their 'policy' is that they do not keep records more than 10 years past graduation, and not before mid 90's as apparently it wasn't a legal requirement to keep them before then. Only just found this out of course.

I think that it is very irresponsible of them not to keep this kind of info, and with everything computerised it should be no problem. I kind of feel that my whole degree is now worthless as it may not count towards the application process for the course i was planning to apply for. Other uni's are obviously more responsible.

I also went to Kings College for my Msc, getting those records was no problem.

sarah
No I never got copies either when I graduated. Made very interesting reading. Each course studied with a percentage mark at the side.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I think providing exam results as percentages is a recent thing, certainly when I did my degree (1984) the only result we got was the degree classification (Honours 1, 2/1, 2/2, 3 or pass).

Also, when I sat the chartered accountant exams (1987), all we got was pass, refer or fail.

I think the subsequent change has been because of changes in the data protection laws since then.

It was interesting to see my grades for both my degree and accountancy exams for the first time when I asked for them for my skills assessment. Fortunately neither the university (Bath) nor the ICAEW had any trouble coming up with them even though it was so long ago.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:44 am
JAJ
Retired

How did you receive your exam results each year?
Old May 15th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

No hubby didn't recieve transcripts either, only certificates which he's still got. Not sure how he recieved his exam/coursework results each year but am fairly certain it would have been nothing more than a small piece of paper with the grades printed on. More than 10 years and five children later if he did receive something like this, he certainly hasn't got it now.

And Hayles, see, I'm trying to get there, I really am, lol. Still, the longer between you going and us getting there, the longer you have to sort everything out for us.

Janexxx
Old May 15th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by louie
I think providing exam results as percentages is a recent thing, certainly when I did my degree (1984) the only result we got was the degree classification (Honours 1, 2/1, 2/2, 3 or pass).

Also, when I sat the chartered accountant exams (1987), all we got was pass, refer or fail.

I think the subsequent change has been because of changes in the data protection laws since then.

It was interesting to see my grades for both my degree and accountancy exams for the first time when I asked for them for my skills assessment. Fortunately neither the university (Bath) nor the ICAEW had any trouble coming up with them even though it was so long ago.
My degree was done mid 80s - I only got my degree classification back then. However, unbeknown to me all my marks were recorded in a transcript - apparently any student from the last 30 years can ask for a copy of them - pay yours money and sees your scores!
Old May 15th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

We were also asked for transcripts - they were a breakdown of each subject covered within the course for each year. For example mine was business studies and year 1 may have included marketing, accounts etc. We both graduated in 1990. the uni had a course prospectus for mine and kept records as far back as the 60,s. OH contacted a lecturer who was still teaching and he put together on headed paper as much info as he could and signed it. By accident I had thrown away both our degree certs, these are now kept at the open university in London and we paid for copies to be sent to us (the lady there didn't have any sense of urgency and only sent them with a day to spare after I'd threatened to drive through the night to collect them!!) so it can be done. Good luck

Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.