The Tradies Thread.

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Im biggin up the people at Tradeassess! (Vetassess) If you havent applied for your trade recognition yet, definately use them. We got the paper app approved in just over a week. They have been so helpful. Every time I contact them, I get a return email the next morning with all the info I asked for. I emailed them last night and the appplications for July had closed yesterday, but they manually booked hubby in and emailed me back confirmation. Fantastic! We are on the move again!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

nick25016677 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i am a plumber awaiting my visa to be granted was going to qld but no one is getting a visa there i think they have shut up shop or they are just keeping it for themselves cos it is that good and to full of pommies
Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nick25016677
hey i am a plumber awaiting my visa to be granted was going to qld but no one is getting a visa there i think they have shut up shop or they are just keeping it for themselves cos it is that good and to full of pommies
I hope they haven't, that's where I'm trying to go.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisling
I hope they haven't, that's where I'm trying to go.
I was too but have now got SS for Victoria so will have to spend a bit of time in the cold!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ronnie98
I was too but have now got SS for Victoria so will have to spend a bit of time in the cold!
I was in Victoria last October, it was a bit nippy at night. I'm still hoping to get to Queensland, my ten weeks waiting will come and go on Tuesday, still no word. Oh well, at least it's summer here, of sorts.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

zeelah is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to be a whole heap of threads on here about IT, accountants and the like but not much on the progress of the guys and girls who get their hands dirty. No doubt many of you like me, were and now aren't on the CSL so what's your plan of attack now? Has anyone non CSL been granted a visa recently or maybe like me you are now heading down the SS route. Have you been lucky enough to have found a job offer? Cmon tradies, lets hear your view on things. I am ASCO 4112-11 Fitter by the way.

Chris.
Hi great thread. My OH is a brickie and we applied for 176 WA SS in May 2008 cause we luckily didn't have enough points for 175 we had our visa grant April 23rd 09.Whoohoo! We are heading to Perth but since we got grant we've been looking for work and hit a brick wall (pardon the pun). We were hoping to go in August but are worried there'll be no work. We went on a reccie last August and met up with builders and OH was offered work as soon as we got there but since that time the guy had no work and came back to UK. Got to activate by October so we'll probably go for holiday but also job hunt. We've applied to major building companies and small gangs but keep getting told they want to fill jobs with Ozzies first and they'll let us know when a vacancy becomes available Are there any states that need brickies now? Feel the dream is fading...
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zeelah
Hi great thread. My OH is a brickie and we applied for 176 WA SS in May 2008 cause we luckily didn't have enough points for 175 we had our visa grant April 23rd 09.Whoohoo! We are heading to Perth but since we got grant we've been looking for work and hit a brick wall (pardon the pun). We were hoping to go in August but are worried there'll be no work. We went on a reccie last August and met up with builders and OH was offered work as soon as we got there but since that time the guy had no work and came back to UK. Got to activate by October so we'll probably go for holiday but also job hunt. We've applied to major building companies and small gangs but keep getting told they want to fill jobs with Ozzies first and they'll let us know when a vacancy becomes available Are there any states that need brickies now? Feel the dream is fading...
Hi, welcome to our thread. I wouldn't say we are anywhere near out of the recession yet but the signs are positve that things may have bottomed out and might be on the turn. The main thing is you have your visa so you should and rightly so be over the moon.
Thing is, you don't have to do brick laying, so anything will do as a stop gap as long as you can make ends meet. Also it is a lot easier finding work when you are actually over there and in a position to make an immediate start. We do a bit of commercial property developing over here and everyone I know in the building trade are still quite busy.
Australia weren't hit as hard as we were so recovery there should be quicker still so re kindle the dream and look forward to your new lives abroad. I and I'm sure everyone else on this thread wish you all the very best for your future and hopefully we will all make it over there aswell.

Good luck guys.

Chris.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

diane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant futurediane-ireland has a brilliant future

HI!
i am self-employed dressmaker,475 visa lodged 06.02.09 With SA.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:32 am
Just Joined

zeelah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, welcome to our thread. I wouldn't say we are anywhere near out of the recession yet but the signs are positve that things may have bottomed out and might be on the turn. The main thing is you have your visa so you should and rightly so be over the moon.
Thing is, you don't have to do brick laying, so anything will do as a stop gap as long as you can make ends meet. Also it is a lot easier finding work when you are actually over there and in a position to make an immediate start. We do a bit of commercial property developing over here and everyone I know in the building trade are still quite busy.
Australia weren't hit as hard as we were so recovery there should be quicker still so re kindle the dream and look forward to your new lives abroad. I and I'm sure everyone else on this thread wish you all the very best for your future and hopefully we will all make it over there aswell.

Good luck guys.

Chris.
Thanks Chris that is good news I totally agree with you about getting over there and getting a job just got to convince the old sceptic ie O/H LOL. Good luck to all you guys still waiting and those job hunting like us. Sharon
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Hi All,
I'm a spark and did the vetassess thing in July 08. We arrived in Qld about 5 weeks ago on a 176 SS and are loving it. The recession isn't as bad here as in the U.K. Got a job in 12 days from arrival although it's not in my trade but it pays the bills. The vetassess thing is a bit of a nightmare though. I sent my cert etc. of on arrival and still don't have a restricted licence or permit to train. Nearly everywhere I've went, the authorities tell me I need to apply to T.R.A. Infact the careers adviser at Queensland Trade Skills argued with me there was no such thing as Vetassess. Still it's great to be here and everyone knows you don't make such a big move without a few hick-ups.
It gets quite cool at night here 12 degrees but it is winter [winta for all you Aussie's]. I'm even starting to get a bit of colour about my pasty grey skin now.
I must say it's very refreshing that the Aussie's are very proud of their country and each individual states and aren't afraid to say it. Although I don't know about N.S.W. cause Qld beat them at everything.
Davy
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:26 am
N-K
Just Joined

N-K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davy
Hi All,
I'm a spark and did the vetassess thing in July 08. We arrived in Qld about 5 weeks ago on a 176 SS and are loving it. The recession isn't as bad here as in the U.K. Got a job in 12 days from arrival although it's not in my trade but it pays the bills. The vetassess thing is a bit of a nightmare though. I sent my cert etc. of on arrival and still don't have a restricted licence or permit to train. Nearly everywhere I've went, the authorities tell me I need to apply to T.R.A. Infact the careers adviser at Queensland Trade Skills argued with me there was no such thing as Vetassess. Still it's great to be here and everyone knows you don't make such a big move without a few hick-ups.
It gets quite cool at night here 12 degrees but it is winter [winta for all you Aussie's]. I'm even starting to get a bit of colour about my pasty grey skin now.
I must say it's very refreshing that the Aussie's are very proud of their country and each individual states and aren't afraid to say it. Although I don't know about N.S.W. cause Qld beat them at everything.
Davy

Hi Davy - it's good to hear some postive notes on the job front in Oz. It's makes me feel more confident that we are doing the right thing - just got to wait for the dam visa now!!

Kathryn
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Originally Posted by 2010 to OZ
Hi,

My OH is a brickie and has passed skills assess and IELTS so just about to submit 175.

We are looking at State Sponsorship with South Australia. Has anyone got any advice for a brickie regarding work prospects etc in Adelaide/South Australia.

Thanks

J
Weould be interested in replies to this one...In the same boat!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Just read another post, a spark from the UK has just got his Queensland ss through so hope for us yet. He applied 23rd of March I think.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Cots is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

This is my first post although have been reading this site for a while now.

Any plumbers recently lodged a SS with VIC. Just wondering if there are any clues with timeframes.

Thanks,
Cots
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cots
Hi,

This is my first post although have been reading this site for a while now.

Any plumbers recently lodged a SS with VIC. Just wondering if there are any clues with timeframes.

Thanks,
Cots
hello Cots,
first u have to find out plumber are on the victoria skill demand list, with regard to time frame VIC takes about 8 -16 weeks.

best luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.