The Tradies Thread.

Old May 25th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Hi all Tradies,

My OH is a Roofer, we are just going through the process of getting his AQF3 as he learnt his trade on the job (20yrs experience) and now runs his own Roofing Company. Can you tell me do you have to take the IELTS test now? We have enough points without it but have noticed a lot of the tradies on this thread have taken the test! Hoping the answer is no as we are having a nightmare trying to get all documents and evidence together to get AQF3 and TRA, I know it will be worth it in the end but my OH hated school!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Good luck everyone
Hi Lisa, welcome to the thread. If you have enough points already then there should be no need to take the IELTS. I like many others were a few points short so the IELTS was the easiest option. Good luck with your application.

Chris.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Just lodged my application for a 175 visa, it's been nearly two years to get to this point so feling quite relieved. Can anyone advise how I apply for state sponsorship and how would I find out if solid plasterer's are required in any of the states?
Cheers
Old May 28th 2009, 10:29 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Just lodged my application for a 175 visa, it's been nearly two years to get to this point so feling quite relieved. Can anyone advise how I apply for state sponsorship and how would I find out if solid plasterer's are required in any of the states?
Cheers
follow the 'sticky thread' at the top of the page http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599824

It has all the websites for state sponsorship
Old May 29th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

For once I am going to forget all about visas n stuff, finish work early and go out on my bike. Too nice a day here in lincs not to.

Cheers all.

Chris.
Old May 29th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisling
For once I am going to forget all about visas n stuff, finish work early and go out on my bike. Too nice a day here in lincs not to.

Cheers all.

Chris.
enjoy!!!!!
Old May 29th 2009, 1:52 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Talking Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by chrisling

Cheers all.

Chris.
just finished work and havin a lovely glass of wine in the sunshine in the garden - OH still slavin away so I'll run the hoover round 5 minutes before he is due home and tell him I've been doing housework all afternoon!! Diz x
Old May 29th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Diz
just finished work and havin a lovely glass of wine in the sunshine in the garden - OH still slavin away so I'll run the hoover round 5 minutes before he is due home and tell him I've been doing housework all afternoon!! Diz x
Hey I do that too the only thing is when he reads this he will know Not really hubby I only grabbed 10 mins in the garden whilst I had lunch
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Hi all

Just received the good news that hubby passed the paper tradeassess at level 1 for carpentry and joinery! Hooray! Thanks to all for your help and advice............now I need some more please.

I have gone online to vetassess to book the practical and every date shows CLOSED. Now what do I do?? Will some more dates get added at a certain time? I have no idea how it works.

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi all

Just received the good news that hubby passed the paper tradeassess at level 1 for carpentry and joinery! Hooray! Thanks to all for your help and advice............now I need some more please.

I have gone online to vetassess to book the practical and every date shows CLOSED. Now what do I do?? Will some more dates get added at a certain time? I have no idea how it works.

Thanks
congrats!!!!
i think your out of luck . i think youll have to wait for the next batch which is in october!!. unless theres 1 thats nowhere near ya that still has places.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

I searched for the whole of UK and it only brought up Accrington! Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I have emailed them to ask where we can go.

Oh well, we can still apply for SS and Visa I think once its booked.

I am not sure!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:35 pm
Diz
one step closer!

I think they only test in Accrington, Blackburn and London - that's all that came up when we booked in April
I searched for the whole of UK and it only brought up Accrington! Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I have emailed them to ask where we can go.

Oh well, we can still apply for SS and Visa I think once its booked.

I am not sure!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps Im doing something wrong then, as only Accrington came up. I will try again.

I noticed you have applied for SS in WA. Where abouts you thinking of heading? We are thinking of Perth, but keep being told its very isolated and, I worry for jobs.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:51 pm
Diz
one step closer!

people had come from all over England to Accrington to do the carpentry test (OH was there for plumbing) so it might be that is the only centre where they are doing the carpenters test at the moment. we are headed to Perth (looking around the eastern area - mount helena etc). We went on honeymoon to Perth last year and stayed in Clarkson. We fancy a place with a bit more space than the built up areas in the north and you seem to get much more for your money the further you are from the coast
Perhaps Im doing something wrong then, as only Accrington came up. I will try again.

I noticed you have applied for SS in WA. Where abouts you thinking of heading? We are thinking of Perth, but keep being told its very isolated and, I worry for jobs.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by Diz
people had come from all over England to Accrington to do the carpentry test (OH was there for plumbing) so it might be that is the only centre where they are doing the carpenters test at the moment. we are headed to Perth (looking around the eastern area - mount helena etc). We went on honeymoon to Perth last year and stayed in Clarkson. We fancy a place with a bit more space than the built up areas in the north and you seem to get much more for your money the further you are from the coast
they test in accrington , london and glasgow for chippies and all trades. they do 3 days per venue every 3 months. i dont think you can apply for your visa till youve had your vetassess certificate cus they ask for your cert no etc . i may be wrong.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:12 pm
Angela and Renato

smurph22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie rara
they test in accrington , london and glasgow for chippies and all trades. they do 3 days per venue every 3 months. i dont think you can apply for your visa till youve had your vetassess certificate cus they ask for your cert no etc . i may be wrong.
Sorry to say but they cancelled the London tests for Carpentry schedule July. My husband was due to go and they rebooked him to Accrington, so not surprised that its full up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.