The Tradies Thread.

Old May 19th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by Yorkshireclan
Dont worry about it there still processing SS for tradies..

I know 1 general electrician who received SS from Qsld on 24/4/09 and got allocated a CO 14 days later, and another electrican (special class) who just got SS approved form Qsld last friday 15/5/09!! Infact Nini has posted this news on this site under Qsld state sponsorship thread.

I know a solid plasterer issued WA SS on 16/4/09 and granted visa 12/5/09, an aircon refrigeration enginner get SA SS and granted visa beginning of may..

SO DONT WORRY!!
Thing is, I was 43 when I lodged my 175. I am now 44 and a half so my time frame is somewhat limited. Not really worried, whatever will be, will be n all that but it's frustrating after all the hard work doing the TRA, IELTS etc. when the goal post seems to keep moving. I don't blame Australia, they are only doing what's right for the country but I am not the best at being patient so all the waiting can be a pain.
I think I'll take it out an the fat cat bankers that caused the recession in the first place. Might as well roll the greedy expense claiming politicians in from Westminster aswell. They probably have a hand in all this too !!
Old May 19th 2009, 9:03 am
Just Joined

200sti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yorkshireclan
Dont worry about it there still processing SS for tradies..

I know 1 general electrician who received SS from Qsld on 24/4/09 and got allocated a CO 14 days later, and another electrican (special class) who just got SS approved form Qsld last friday 15/5/09!! Infact Nini has posted this news on this site under Qsld state sponsorship thread.

I know a solid plasterer issued WA SS on 16/4/09 and granted visa 12/5/09, an aircon refrigeration enginner get SA SS and granted visa beginning of may..

SO DONT WORRY!!
Hi Yorkshireclan
Do you know when these two SS applications were submitted, before or after they were taken off the CSL? I'm beginning to thing my agent is giving me the runaround!!
Old May 19th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisling
Thing is, I was 43 when I lodged my 175. I am now 44 and a half so my time frame is somewhat limited. Not really worried, whatever will be, will be n all that but it's frustrating after all the hard work doing the TRA, IELTS etc. when the goal post seems to keep moving. I don't blame Australia, they are only doing what's right for the country but I am not the best at being patient so all the waiting can be a pain.
I think I'll take it out an the fat cat bankers that caused the recession in the first place. Might as well roll the greedy expense claiming politicians in from Westminster aswell. They probably have a hand in all this too !!

you may add George W Bush to that list.
Old May 19th 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Hi, another member for the tradies thread , thought that I better join and share my good news as i passed the tra assessment today as a solid plasterer (self-employed).
I want to lodge an application asap but would welcome any advice as to which visa to apply for. Could anyone tell me what would happen on a state sponsored visa if i couldn't get work as a plasterer, could I do any job?
Thanks in advance
Old May 19th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Hi, another member for the tradies thread , thought that I better join and share my good news as i passed the tra assessment today as a solid plasterer (self-employed).
I want to lodge an application asap but would welcome any advice as to which visa to apply for. Could anyone tell me what would happen on a state sponsored visa if i couldn't get work as a plasterer, could I do any job?
Thanks in advance
Congrats for your TRA assessment!

I think the most common approach would be to lodge an application for a 175 visa and deal with the State Sponsorship later on, since you can hand it in afterwards and turn your 175 into a 176.
The good news is, with a State Sponsored Visa you are free to choose a job whatever it may be, though there is the moral obligation to remain in the sponsoring state for at least two years.
But well, what a dreadful prospect that is, to "have to stay" in, let's say, Queensland

Dennis
Old May 19th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Thanks in advance
Well done with the TRA, I know it was a load off my mind. I agree with Dennis, loge a 175 and then decide if you want to go the state sposored route. Welcome to our thread too.

Chris.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Thanks Dennis.
Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Did you do the ielts before lodging your application and if so do you have to do it in that order? My score seems to have changed on the eligibility test from last time that i looked but i would be ok if I passed an ielts test. I also have a sister in Oz who is willing to sponsor me so I am not sure which is the best route to take.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dennis.
Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Did you do the ielts before lodging your application and if so do you have to do it in that order? My score seems to have changed on the eligibility test from last time that i looked but i would be ok if I passed an ielts test. I also have a sister in Oz who is willing to sponsor me so I am not sure which is the best route to take.
There was much discussion about lodging before or after I did IELTS. The outcome was, seeing as my test date was fairly close I waited. Some say you can lodge before others say it might affect your application if you need the points. Depends on how urgent you need to get your application in. Unless your 45th birthday is looming I would hang on.

Good luck.

Chris.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

2010 to OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My OH is a brickie and has passed skills assess and IELTS so just about to submit 175.

We are looking at State Sponsorship with South Australia. Has anyone got any advice for a brickie regarding work prospects etc in Adelaide/South Australia.

Thanks

J
Old May 20th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Thanks in advance
Congratulations on passing TRA
Old May 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Originally Posted by 200sti
Hi Yorkshireclan
Do you know when these two SS applications were submitted, before or after they were taken off the CSL? I'm beginning to thing my agent is giving me the runaround!!
All the ppl i mentioned like me applied for SS after the CSL changes..
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

When applying for state sponsorship what proof of funds do I have to show?
I am hoping to lodge my application for a 175 visa when I get home tonight and then apply for state sponsorship ( i think this is the normal way). I don't have a large amount of funds so am thinking that I would not be accepted. My sister is a resident and would be a guarantor but is this possible?
Thanks in advance
plastererfromwales
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, thought we would join you all, nice to see a thread for the tradies!

My husband is a solid plasterer, we applied for a 175 in Sept 08 and since the CSL changes applied for Queensland SS on March 17th.

We are all ready to go in Nov, sold our house and are just waiting...and waiting...and waiting.....and...you all know how it feels!

Thereze
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

When applying for state sponsorship what proof of funds do I have to show?
I am hoping to lodge my application for a 175 visa when I get home tonight and then apply for state sponsorship ( i think this is the normal way). I don't have a large amount of funds so am thinking that I would not be accepted. My sister is a resident and would be a guarantor but is this possible?
Thanks in advance
plastererfromwales
hi
you probably want to post this in the main immigration area as a stand alone thread, you will get more response in there, sorry i could not be more help.
john
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi all Tradies,

My OH is a Roofer, we are just going through the process of getting his AQF3 as he learnt his trade on the job (20yrs experience) and now runs his own Roofing Company. Can you tell me do you have to take the IELTS test now? We have enough points without it but have noticed a lot of the tradies on this thread have taken the test! Hoping the answer is no as we are having a nightmare trying to get all documents and evidence together to get AQF3 and TRA, I know it will be worth it in the end but my OH hated school!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Good luck everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.