The Tradies Thread.

Old May 18th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi everyone

OH is a fitter, our story is much the same. Struggled through the TRA process to be successful the day after trades taken off CSL!

Applied for 175 on 30th Mar 09, tried our luck at SS but was told by VIC "wise up your not even on the list", lol.

Have decided to just get on with life and wait....and wait........
Old May 18th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Just thought i'd join this thread!

OH is a Carpenter, we applied for 175 in August 08 and applied for QLD SS at the beginning of April so just waiting to hear from them now - fingers crossed they accept us!!!

If not we will just get on wi it for the next few years!! ARRGGHH!!!!

Julie & Paul
Old May 18th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 200sti
Hi All
I am an Electrician and submitted my application in Dec 07 and have been in contact with my agent who says they are not processing trade related SS in qld at the moment! has any one got a SS since since the march rule change!!!
Which agent is this as this is news to me. If the trade is still on the list surely it will be processed. If they weren't going to process them they would take trade of the list????? I really hope so anyway.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

200sti is an unknown quantity at this point

No Dec 07. They had processed up to sept 07 when they moved the goal posts in march!! aperently even though the trade is on the SS list they are holding off processing them thats why I am interested to see what happens to the others on this thread with there timelines

Last edited by 200sti; May 18th 2009 at 12:43 pm.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All
I am an Electrician and submitted my application in Dec 07 and have been in contact with my agent who says they are not processing trade related SS in qld at the moment! has any one got a SS since since the march rule change!!!

Hi 200sti

Where did you get this information? i received acknowledgement from QLD on 1 May 09, stating that our application has been received on 2 April 09 and it would be processed within 8-10 weeks from date of receipt!

Surely, if they were not processing trade SS, then they wouldnt have bothered putting that on the acknowledgement and would have simply said that they were processing them at the moment!
Old May 18th 2009, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

200sti is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know but I'll rather wait and see because if I apply for SS I go to the bottom of the list where as I should be near the top on at 175 so I'm going to wait and see what happens in the next month I think they will look at things again at the beginning of the migration year.
Old May 18th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

i could be wrong but when you apply for SS you do not have to inform the DIAC unless you are successful to ask them to change your visa from a 175 to a 176 - so really our 175 visa is still running at the moment while we are waiting to hear from QLD if we get accepted for SS then we will inform the DIAC but if we get rejected then our 175 will just keep running!
Old May 18th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debi_wayne
Which agent is this as this is news to me. If the trade is still on the list surely it will be processed. If they weren't going to process them they would take trade of the list????? I really hope so anyway.
That's a good point, I've had the same thought.
Why would they let the trades stay on the Skilled Sponsored Eligible List and "gather" applications they don't want to process. That obviously doesn't make sense to me... apart from that, who knows what Departments are really up to

I've realised that a couple of people in this forum (and in another one) seem to have got their State Sponsorships granted recently, with a processing time of about 8 weeks.
Some people in this thread are close to 8 weeks - e.g. I think you, Julie, chris and my humble person (by the way, I'm a carpenter aswell and my SS application was acknowledged on 30 May). So soon we'll be able to prove (or even better, to dismiss) this tradies-on-hold issue...

Dennis
Old May 18th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

I really hope your right Dennis!!
Old May 18th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Sending off the trade assessment tomorrow by DHL (I assume that is the best way???) Fingers crossed I have enough for them!
Old May 18th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Sending off the trade assessment tomorrow by DHL (I assume that is the best way???) Fingers crossed I have enough for them!
sent mine with royal mail tracker and only cost just under £3 and took 4 days.
Old May 18th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Blimey! DHL is £45, perhaps I should just trust good ole Royal Mail!
Old May 18th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Hi All
That's news to me too, bad news if it's true.
Old May 18th 2009, 8:56 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisling
That's news to me too, bad news if it's true.
Dont worry about it there still processing SS for tradies..

I know 1 general electrician who received SS from Qsld on 24/4/09 and got allocated a CO 14 days later, and another electrican (special class) who just got SS approved form Qsld last friday 15/5/09!! Infact Nini has posted this news on this site under Qsld state sponsorship thread.

I know a solid plasterer issued WA SS on 16/4/09 and granted visa 12/5/09, an aircon refrigeration enginner get SA SS and granted visa beginning of may..

SO DONT WORRY!!
Old May 19th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Blimey! DHL is £45, perhaps I should just trust good ole Royal Mail!
exactly. dhl , ups , fedex etc all around that price , royal mail around £3. ask at the counter for the right deal. you can track your package until it leaves uk and had a response withing 6 days saying the date it arrived (4 days). some people said pay extra and dont trust royal mail but as everything was scanned before i had 2 copies so gave it a shot. worked for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.