The Tradies Thread.

Old May 15th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by Dennis74
Hi Chris, this thread's a great idea
I applied for 175 one week before the CSL-crunch - so at least I know how it feels like, beeing on the CSL
I joined the stampede some weeks ago and applied for a Qld SS and since then I'm hovering around the mailbox.

I'm checking the job ads from time to time (using Seek and the like) and well, it looks grim at the moment, doesn't it? Most of the few offers require a lot of experience, vehicle+tools or they come from one these recruitment agencies.
I don't want to sound too pessimistic though!

It would be very interesting to hear from tradies who got a visa grant or a ss approval recently.

Dennis
hi all
i applied 175 in sept 08 (plumber), crossed to 176 ss vic in feb-march 09, got visa march 09, sold house 2 weeks ago, heading out to melbourne asap. good luck to all those still waiting.
john
Old May 15th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi all
i applied 175 in sept 08 (plumber), crossed to 176 ss vic in feb-march 09, got visa march 09, sold house 2 weeks ago, heading out to melbourne asap. good luck to all those still waiting.
john
Nice one John, spent a bit of time in Melbourne myself, hope everything works out well for you.
Good luck.

Chris.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Smile Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi all!

Good to see some tradies chat.

My husband is a carpenter and we are just collating the required paperwork for trade assessment. I hope I have covered all they need, as he is self employed its hard to show work references. Should I include a copy of 4 years accounts??

We are going down the 175 route and applying for ss at same time. We seem drawn to Perth. Anyone know how the job front for chipies is in that area?

Any tips, advice or anything would be really appreciated, as we are in the real early stages.

Thanks
Old May 16th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Plumber received my VIC ss, meds booked on the 26th may pccs done so nearly there, hoping to validate in aug if I receive the visa in time.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:43 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Hi All

Electrician here, applied 28th August 08 and like the many trying to change to 176 SS..

Qsld got my SS application 24/3/09 so nearly 8 weeks now..

Fingers crossed it wont be much longer..
Old May 17th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, add us to the list, hubby a fitter. Lodged 175 October 08, taken off CSL, are waiting to hear from QLD for ss now. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone!
Old May 17th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi all hubby an Electrician and we had our visas in March booked to validate June 16th going to look at the job situation in Perth and hopefully put some feelers out, good luck to all you tradies waiting
Old May 17th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Can we please join. My OH is a fitter. We applied for 175 in January but obviously got taken off CSL. Are now in process of hopefully transfering to 176. Have applied to Queensland which they received on 31st April & are now playing the waiting game again.
Old May 17th 2009, 1:15 pm
Angela and Renato

smurph22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi all!

Good to see some tradies chat.

My husband is a carpenter and we are just collating the required paperwork for trade assessment. I hope I have covered all they need, as he is self employed its hard to show work references. Should I include a copy of 4 years accounts??

We are going down the 175 route and applying for ss at same time. We seem drawn to Perth. Anyone know how the job front for chipies is in that area?

Any tips, advice or anything would be really appreciated, as we are in the real early stages.

Thanks
Hi My husband is a carpenter too and has just passed the paperbased vetassess bit, and doing his practical in July. What our agent said is that for Vetasess the key thing is demonstrating where you learned your trade, we drafted a detailed reference for Renato's (husband) first employer but weren't sure if they would sign it and the agency said if not do the same as a statutory declaration and get it signed by a solicitor. At the visa application stage they are more interested in your recent work history but they stressed the skills assessment is focused on where and how you learned. Basically the reference was 2 pages long and gave specifics about what he learned the first year, second year etc. up to he was a 'confident and skilled carpenter who could work unsupported' more is better than less so if in doubt put it in, I would say. Anyway good luck Ang
Old May 17th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Thanks for that. I have put in all my husbands photos and assessments for his NVQ2 which shows him working and also his finished work too. Got a couple of work references too. Hopefully it will be enough! Do they contact you if they need more or just an instant fail??
Old May 17th 2009, 2:07 pm
Angela and Renato

smurph22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Thanks for that. I have put in all my husbands photos and assessments for his NVQ2 which shows him working and also his finished work too. Got a couple of work references too. Hopefully it will be enough! Do they contact you if they need more or just an instant fail??
I'm not sure if they request more but I don't think so, if they have some reservations they pass with a number 2. grade. Basically 1 is passed and likely to get through the practical, 2 is where there are some reservations but still allowed to go through the practical and 3 not enough evidence to go through the practical. Our agent said that usually when people are on the job trained they get passed as 2, so with the NVQ2 you should be fine, just such a lot of effort, I'm exhausted already and only the very first bit done.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Originally Posted by smurph22
I'm not sure if they request more but I don't think so, if they have some reservations they pass with a number 2. grade. Basically 1 is passed and likely to get through the practical, 2 is where there are some reservations but still allowed to go through the practical and 3 not enough evidence to go through the practical. Our agent said that usually when people are on the job trained they get passed as 2, so with the NVQ2 you should be fine, just such a lot of effort, I'm exhausted already and only the very first bit done.
wait till you get to the next bit
Old May 18th 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Seems to be a few, like me looking at Queensland. Did anyone get asked for more info as the stuff they asked for on the application seemed a bit sparse to me. They got my application 7th April so still got some waiting to do. Just trying to be prepared should they ask for anything.

Chris.
Old May 18th 2009, 8:24 am
Just Joined

200sti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I am an Electrician and submitted my application in Dec 07 and have been in contact with my agent who says they are not processing trade related SS in qld at the moment! has any one got a SS since since the march rule change!!!
Old May 18th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

zippyderbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 200sti
Hi All
I am an Electrician and submitted my application in Dec 07 and have been in contact with my agent who says they are not processing trade related SS in qld at the moment! has any one got a SS since since the march rule change!!!
Do you mean Dec 08?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.