The Tradies Thread.

Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi Lowri

The State Sponsorship Plan is due to start again in the next few months (no definate date yet) all the States are in the process of compiling their individual list of skills they require for their State.

We filed our 175 in September 2009 and have now changed to 176, we hope that when the Plan starts we will go from No 5/6 in the processing list to No 2

If your not on the CSL I think it's definately worth applying for State Sponsorship because your looking at 3 years wait unless more changes come in! and it won't do any harm applying it's just take time.

The thing with this ride is you just don't know what's going to happen next, we started this process in March 09 when my OH was CSL! There's been so many rule changes and much more to come you've just got to give it 100% and hope for the best! We used an agent and after AQF3, TRA ect we're over £6000 out of pocket so you have to stay positive.

Good Luck, I'm sure things will get better for tradies as we ARE needed in Aus.

Best wishes

Lisa
Old Mar 28th 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

hopethebest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by chrisling
Seems to be a whole heap of threads on here about IT, accountants and the like but not much on the progress of the guys and girls who get their hands dirty. No doubt many of you like me, were and now aren't on the CSL so what's your plan of attack now? Has anyone non CSL been granted a visa recently or maybe like me you are now heading down the SS route. Have you been lucky enough to have found a job offer? Cmon tradies, lets hear your view on things. I am ASCO 4112-11 Fitter by the way.

Chris.
Hi all
I am ASCO 4114-15, aircraft mechanic on CSL. I lodged 175 on December 1, 2009. I applied SS victoria on December 4, 2009. SS granted on January 4, 2010 & I switched 176 on January 11, 2010. waiting further!!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Lowbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Hi Lowri

The State Sponsorship Plan is due to start again in the next few months (no definate date yet) all the States are in the process of compiling their individual list of skills they require for their State.

We filed our 175 in September 2009 and have now changed to 176, we hope that when the Plan starts we will go from No 5/6 in the processing list to No 2

If your not on the CSL I think it's definately worth applying for State Sponsorship because your looking at 3 years wait unless more changes come in! and it won't do any harm applying it's just take time.

The thing with this ride is you just don't know what's going to happen next, we started this process in March 09 when my OH was CSL! There's been so many rule changes and much more to come you've just got to give it 100% and hope for the best! We used an agent and after AQF3, TRA ect we're over £6000 out of pocket so you have to stay positive.

Good Luck, I'm sure things will get better for tradies as we ARE needed in Aus.

Best wishes

Lisa
Hi Lisa

Thanks for much for that - really helpful. Good luck with everything
Old May 6th 2010, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi all

i am a plumber and have been in mornington now for a month and have a few questions.
any suggestions/comments will be great
i have applied for my license before coming over and have an interview next week with the victorian plumbing industry commission with regards to obtaining that
my tools are not here yet so am not that bothered at the moment but if and when they do arrive can i look / start work without the license .
i normally work on new build so if i continue to do that what else will i need i.e health and safety card public liability , is there anything else.
back in the u.k i was always set up as a limited company so as to pay less tax and other benefits
what is the norm for over here are all the tradies self employed / employed .
thats it for now although i will probably be back later for more.
cheers steve
Old May 6th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

nick25016677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Steve u can't work without a licence her but as in the uk.people install gas without being gas safe!!I have my interview on the 14th give us a call mate on0448525219 nick
Old May 6th 2010, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nick25016677
Hey Steve u can't work without a licence her but as in the uk.people install gas without being gas safe!!I have my interview on the 14th give us a call mate on0448525219 nick
hi nick

will buzz you tomorrow

where abouts are you going for your interview as i have mine on thw 14th as well in melbourne
Old May 6th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

hi lads i am a spark in brisbane. First stop get your White cards on Blue Dog Training website . This is a safety card for construction sites.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice

Wayne here ...plasterer Perth SOR. Yeah you need an extra large wallet lads...not for all the money but all the cards and licenses you need to get..they love giving(for a charge) plastic cards over here.

and any 1 moving to WA. most trade quals dont get recognized here so get ready for more courses...i lost all my truck and plant licenses as WA only recognizes your car license. lost my class 1 (C+E) and all my plant....though its not all doom and gloom, ive just landed a lecturing job (casual atm) pays top dollar and my boss is a great guy.

Wayne
Old May 6th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Hi guys - just a quick update to let you know that things are moving somewhere and if your still sat waiting 2 years later like us - it may give a bit of hope.

Hubbies a brickie and our 175 application originally went in in July 08. We should have changed to a 176 sooner but eventually decided to apply for WA sponsorship and got the app in last Sept (we have continued the 175 as well). We heard at the start of the week that we have been approved for WA SS so now its just a case of completing this process.

We have used an agent and have been advised that this could still take between 6 - 12 months but we have moved up the list after a long wait which is positive. Typical! After not hearing anything and with all the changes to the process we decided to carry on with life here and are now extending the house and expecting our second baby at the end of July so there is no hurry at the mo for us, we finally learned to live with the frustration of the the whole process and I've stopped checking my e-mails every day, like I did for the 1st 18 months!

Anyway, not worth getting excited just yet but definately a glimpse of hope for us all!!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Any information would be much appreciated!

Are things any better now? We applied for 175 general plumber in Nov 08 and waited and waited. Virtually gave up and resigned ourselves to staying in England but today got news we have a CO!
So tonight we came on here after an 18 month hiatus to see about work but can't really find anything new about the construction industry. Were always planning on going Brisbane direction but seems from 6 month old posts that WA or SA is the place to be now for tradesmen.
Can anyone give us any more info on whether the trades are still in demand?

thanks
john and becky
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by john& becky

Are things any better now? We applied for 175 general plumber in Nov 08 and waited and waited. Virtually gave up and resigned ourselves to staying in England but today got news we have a CO!
So tonight we came on here after an 18 month hiatus to see about work but can't really find anything new about the construction industry. Were always planning on going Brisbane direction but seems from 6 month old posts that WA or SA is the place to be now for tradesmen.

thanks
john and becky
Thats great guys! We should have heard by now, had our medicals in November and still waiting! I sometimes wonder if it will ever happen after all this time. I have heard that WA and SA are the places to head for tradies, Al is a brickie and has been told there is loads of work there but we're like you and were planning to head back to the East Coast, either Sydney or Brisbane but never say never, I'll be pleased to get anywhere at this rate lol. In all honesty we've been waiting that long we don't really talk about it anymore and have decided that we'll only start planning if and when we get the visa.

Not much help I know but congrats on the CO! Maybe start a new thread?

Good luck

Lu
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john& becky

thanks
john and becky
hi

if i were you i would go to the easiest place where your o/h can get his plumbing registration / licence

or at least apply to the easiest state for it and settle somewhere else as if he gets the runaround i or many others i have heard of have had you will get seriously pissed off

i have just found out ( today ) that WA is pretty easy if you have completed the vetassess in the U.K

if only i had known that 9 months ago

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh

good luck
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your replies, its all so daunting as we haven't really thought about it and didn't think it would happen. Just need to make the right decision and knowing there is work is the big thing. Children older and elsdest started GCSE's this year so it's a huge decision to drag him out of school now. I am sure there is loads of us going through the same thing. John has done vetassess so hopefully that will help but it's so difficult to know where to start looking for work and will the jobs still be there when we eventually get our visa's????
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough

Well we have finally got a Case Officer Our agent called this morning to say our CO had requested our Police Checks and Medicals. It's been a long journey but hopefully we are getting to the end............one problem now though is our 15 year old daughter doesn't want to go So fingers crossed when we get our Visa everything will come together alright Good Luck Everyone!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Well we have finally got a Case Officer Our agent called this morning to say our CO had requested our Police Checks and Medicals. It's been a long journey but hopefully we are getting to the end............one problem now though is our 15 year old daughter doesn't want to go So fingers crossed when we get our Visa everything will come together alright Good Luck Everyone!
My son came kicking and screaming! But loved it after the 1st week, now 2 years later he has turned in to a 'little Aussie". Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.