Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade Skills Training Visa - Subclass 471 – any advice?

Wikiposts

Trade Skills Training Visa - Subclass 471 – any advice?

Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

nickyblonde is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Trade Skills Training Visa - Subclass 471 – any advice?

I have just strated looking into this and was wondering if anyone has managed to get out to OZ with this visa?
If so how did you go about finding and organisation to sponsor you?
Do you know if there is a list of employers that have applied for the Trade Skills Training Visa but have yet to find a person to fill the post?
Or is it a case of having to find an employer to take you on and get the visa for you?

If you have managed to get out to oz with this visa how have you found the apprentice training?
What are the college fees like?
Is there a standard pay for apprentices, is it enough to support yourself?

Any help or advice is much appreciated
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:14 am
Just Joined

mattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant futuremattb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trade Skills Training Visa - Subclass 471 – any advice?

i have just started looking at this too, i found a large company that is looking into the possibility of taking me on, so any extra advice would be great
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: Trade Skills Training Visa - Subclass 471 – any advice?

Yes come on.....I'm looking at this too......need some answers PLEASE!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

no replies im looking at this aswell
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Sorry to pop your balloon. This is on the DIAC website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/a...0092007-03.htm

Repeal of the Subclass 471 (Trade Skills Training) Visa and Sponsorships
10 September 2007 - Legislation change
Client summary

From 10 September 2007, the Migration Regulations 1994 (‘the Regulations’) are amended to repeal the Subclass 471 (Trade Skills Training) visa (‘Subclass 471 visa’) and associated trade skills training sponsorships so that from that date:

* persons will no longer be able to apply for or be granted a Subclass 471 visa
and
* persons will no longer be able to apply or be approved as an approved trade skills training sponsor.

Subclass 471 visas granted before the day these amendments commence will continue in effect.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

nickyblonde is an unknown quantity at this point

Since starting this thread i have managed to get a Visa to go to Oz. But not under this category. In the end i got state sponsorship from Victoria so have an STNI. Which could be a possible option for you, thats if you have a job thats on the list of jobs that specific states want. It means you only need 70 point instead of 120 (not sure if this has changed sinec i applied last Jan 2007).