Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

bambooman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Hi,
Just found out about the changes, I`m a hairdresser/salon owner, 20 years experience, but time served, no formal qualification, I just had a quick check and all the new assessments seem to be for building trades, does that mean that hairdressers are no longer needed, or that they haven`t updated yet.
Please help.
Thanks
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by bambooman
Hi,
Just found out about the changes, I`m a hairdresser/salon owner, 20 years experience, but time served, no formal qualification, I just had a quick check and all the new assessments seem to be for building trades, does that mean that hairdressers are no longer needed, or that they haven`t updated yet.
Please help.
Thanks

Vetassess are now doing assessments for certain trades, the TRA are still doing all the others, including hairdressers.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Vetassess are now doing assessments for certain trades, the TRA are still doing all the others, including hairdressers.
So how do you think i would do me being a pipefitter,going through as a metal fabricator(boilermaker) as thats what i was told was best matched by my agent,i also did a traineeship for 3 years with a company called ecitb(engineering construction training board)which is national skills development scheme, i also have my craft cert and a svq level 3,also an ace card which again even newer.before that i was doing a yts which is long gone but i did various things with that over a few years and have certs for that.

I keep reading that its people with no certs etc that they dont want,what about me who has,and also have been doing it since 19yrs and now 35yrs,do you think i should worry or pass ok,my agent thinks might have been ok before but said might have its problems now,how i dont know.
He is going to send in anyway and see what happens,but what about the time i have spent getting all this together and also the money paid to the agent surely tra just cant send it back anf forget about it etc,and what about the money i paid to the agent,it will have been wasted or will it??

Maybe i am worried too much but all i want is to get my tra and visa and get off asap,its been in my mind for years and when i finally get onto it they mess things up for me or my chances,i know there is demand for my skills yes maybe i am not quiet a metal fabricator but more a pipefitter but the job as a pipefitter has various tasks many or which a metal fabricator would do and maybe more and i also found while in oz 2004 on whv i got work easy and was advertised all the time,both online and papers.

what do you think guys?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
So how do you think i would do me being a pipefitter,going through as a metal fabricator(boilermaker) as thats what i was told was best matched by my agent,i also did a traineeship for 3 years with a company called ecitb(engineering construction training board)which is national skills development scheme, i also have my craft cert and a svq level 3,also an ace card which again even newer.before that i was doing a yts which is long gone but i did various things with that over a few years and have certs for that.

I keep reading that its people with no certs etc that they dont want,what about me who has,and also have been doing it since 19yrs and now 35yrs,do you think i should worry or pass ok,my agent thinks might have been ok before but said might have its problems now,how i dont know.
He is going to send in anyway and see what happens,but what about the time i have spent getting all this together and also the money paid to the agent surely tra just cant send it back anf forget about it etc,and what about the money i paid to the agent,it will have been wasted or will it??

Maybe i am worried too much but all i want is to get my tra and visa and get off asap,its been in my mind for years and when i finally get onto it they mess things up for me or my chances,i know there is demand for my skills yes maybe i am not quiet a metal fabricator but more a pipefitter but the job as a pipefitter has various tasks many or which a metal fabricator would do and maybe more and i also found while in oz 2004 on whv i got work easy and was advertised all the time,both online and papers.

what do you think guys?
I'm really not that sure Brian, if your agent is sending it in then I guess he must have some confidence you will pass or he would tell you to wait for more news from the TRA.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm really not that sure Brian, if your agent is sending it in then I guess he must have some confidence you will pass or he would tell you to wait for more news from the TRA.
that sure does sound good,hope thats right.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Geezuz!! Just read this thread!

I'm really sorry for all the people who are negatively affected by this sudden change! What can I say, vote Howard out, I hate that guy! :curse:
On that note, if there is a change of government very soon, will this new legislation be likely to change again??

I'm taking it that these changes do not affect IT computer people who have applied to the ACS, like my OH?? Just making sure!!!!

So sorry everybody - don't give up - try other routes if you can, like George suggested!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:43 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

our 2nd TRA was sent july, do you think it's going to be affected by these changes or will we still be allowed our 60 days, i suppose they're in charge they can do what they like, it's the not knowing thats killing us. what do you lot think, any replies would be greatful.
kate
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:37 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny somers
our 2nd TRA was sent july, do you think it's going to be affected by these changes or will we still be allowed our 60 days, i suppose they're in charge they can do what they like, it's the not knowing thats killing us. what do you lot think, any replies would be greatful.
kate
Hi All,

TRA has started to return applications which were received by them in late August - they are taking the cutoff date as the date that the application is recorded in their register - and all I can suggest is that anyone affected by this try to get advice from a registered migration agent who is also a member of the MIA, since the MIA is involved in some intense lobbying about this at the moment. However if you have a Vetassess or Pathway E option my suggestion would be to run with it at the moment.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point

blimey been away for a while and all change does this mean that i have nvq2 in hairdressing and my husband has nvq in bricklaying will not be able to apply or am i pannicking for nothing i have just spent three weeks out in australia visiting my family does this mean it may be impossible to emmigrate,shame our goverment dont bring in the same rules for overseas why r they macki ng it difficult there are genunine people hear that willing to give up there life in uk to start a new life over there and pay taxes( i know its there choice to move) im sorry but come on,i had a fab time me and my family really enjoyed our holiday in australia i think it is beautiful i would sell up and move out there tomorrow. i just think its a shame how difficult they make it,

Last edited by jennylouise; Sep 12th 2007 at 10:01 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

desperate is an unknown quantity at this point

sirGeorge Lombard,

question sir. my husband got a positive result last december 2006 from TRA via this pathway . and we have not lodged our application yet for skilled independen due to monetary reasons...

my question is,...is my husband's positively-assessed TRA now invalid?

thank you very much.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:03 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate
sirGeorge Lombard,

question sir. my husband got a positive result last december 2006 from TRA via this pathway . and we have not lodged our application yet for skilled independen due to monetary reasons...

my question is,...is my husband's positively-assessed TRA now invalid?

thank you very much.
Hi

I'm not George, but from what is being said if you have already received a positive assesment from TRA this assesment remains valid.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry but what does this mean its seems so complicated i thought you had to have qualifications to emmigrate anyway or is this just one of the options we was looking into work visa would this trade skills pathway hinder this,
seems a nightmare and we havent even lodged enything its a bit nerve racking for newcomers i quess.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:04 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi george thanks for your reply, so we may have scraped in, just, if it was sent july. am i being thick here but what is a vetasses and pathway E, if there are other options i would like to know of them, all we get from our agent (1st contact) is "we can't do anything untill TRA comes back" i'm having nightmares i can't stay in England anymore please don't make me.
kate
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Kate,

If your skills assessment application was sent to TRA in July you should have a result very soon.

Can your agent confirm when it was delivered? They should have received an acknowledgment of receipt from TRA.

Best regards.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

acrewood is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know that if i recieved an acknowledgement letter from TRA dated 27th August and it stated we would have a decision with 10 working days that we will be fine. Its just still not heard anything yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.