Wikiposts

trade recognised in oz?

Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default trade recognised in oz?

How do you find out if your qualifications are recognised in oz ie city and guilds?

also how do you have them converted?
Do you waite till you get to oz or do them in uk?

Also as you can not start work without a licence what is the timescale to get one in SA if you bring enough cash to pay for them?
Sorry its just not sinking it at the moment. I am getting a little confused
Is it same for all trades or different?

julie
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:42 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: trade recognised in oz?

not all trades are affected in the same way, as an example i know that one of the more difficult ones is for an electrician , where you have to sit tests and stuff, but they arent all like that, go to the tra website and the answers are mostly on there, i think it cost around about $250au to get a artc (oz recognised trade cert)
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Whats your trade mate?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maverik1979
not all trades are affected in the same way, as an example i know that one of the more difficult ones is for an electrician , where you have to sit tests and stuff, but they arent all like that, go to the tra website and the answers are mostly on there, i think it cost around about $250au to get a artc (oz recognised trade cert)
Hi
I have been on the site and sent them emails but no one can help.
Maybe I am not understanding it all?
julie
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noggin
Whats your trade mate?
Hi

My husband is a plumber heating engineer and soon air con and refrigerator.

I have sent emails but no one seems to be able to help.

julie
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by corgi
How do you find out if your qualifications are recognised in oz ie city and guilds?

also how do you have them converted?
Do you waite till you get to oz or do them in uk?

Also as you can not start work without a licence what is the timescale to get one in SA if you bring enough cash to pay for them?
Sorry its just not sinking it at the moment. I am getting a little confused
Is it same for all trades or different?

julie
Make a brew, pull up a comfy chair and then read this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430754

Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve G
Make a brew, pull up a comfy chair and then read this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430754

Thankyou its gets a bit heated at times.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maverik1979

It's $300, but only if you haven't already had a pre-migration assessment, if you have then it is free