TRA unsuccessful

Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

pedro5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA unsuccessful

Have recently had my TRA returned unsuccessful, which I struggle to understand. The reason being, I'm an Aero engine Mechanical engineer and for this reason I, from my agent, said that i achieved the points required for application for a visa. The skilled trade was also in the seek trade book he had. I've been in this industry for 8 years, the rest was other areas, namely heat treatment and mining. I submitted all the information requested by TRA. They knocked me back because I did not do a 5 year apprentiseship. We don't do that length of time apprenticeship. Once your 20 years old and proven yourself to be component, you get your trade papers.
I could go on and on, but is there anybody out there who could give me guideance.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:48 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default Re: TRA unsuccessful

Originally Posted by pedro5
Have recently had my TRA returned unsuccessful, which I struggle to understand. The reason being, I'm an Aero engine Mechanical engineer and for this reason I, from my agent, said that i achieved the points required for application for a visa. The skilled trade was also in the seek trade book he had. I've been in this industry for 8 years, the rest was other areas, namely heat treatment and mining. I submitted all the information requested by TRA. They knocked me back because I did not do a 5 year apprentiseship. We don't do that length of time apprenticeship. Once your 20 years old and proven yourself to be component, you get your trade papers.
I could go on and on, but is there anybody out there who could give me guideance.
why didnt you try engineers australia ? wouldn't they be the assessing authority for you since you have a degree in engineering ? all you have to do is complete a form..
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:56 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
why didnt you try engineers australia ? wouldn't they be the assessing authority for you since you have a degree in engineering ? all you have to do is complete a form..
@fiftypence
Who told you that he has an engineering degree???

Wise words indeed
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Since you have an agent did he/she not advise you what you needed to present a TRA application? I would have thought that's what the agent was for. You've paid them a fee, so go back to your agent and make him/her make it right.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajt
@fiftypence
Who told you that he has an engineering degree???

Wise words indeed
It doesn't look like he does. Engineers don't get trade papers at 20 by proving they are competent. They go to university for a number of years.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many people fail TRA the first time. As Dorothy says, go back to your agent and get them to sort it out. You may have to try again but it could be something simple that got missed.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:17 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

my hubby was classed as heating engineer in UK but does not hold a degree
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

You,re correct I don't have a degree in engineering, but have gained a HNC. My point was, I went to an immigration fair at Ingilston in Edinburgh. There I received a free assestment for my skills in Aero engines. That this area is what the Australia immigration authorities were looking for. I gave my agent everything he asked for. But the sticking point is my early years, which in my view have nothing to do with the aviation industry, again the reason for my interest in moving. I'm still waiting for my agent to come back to me, he too is notice by his abscence.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:18 am
Still alive

You,re correct I don't have a degree in engineering, but have gained a HNC. My point was, I went to an immigration fair at Ingilston in Edinburgh. There I received a free assestment for my skills in Aero engines. That this area is what the Australia immigration authorities were looking for. I gave my agent everything he asked for. But the sticking point is my early years, which in my view have nothing to do with the aviation industry, again the reason for my interest in moving. I'm still waiting for my agent to come back to me, he too is notice by his abscence.
Is your agent MARA registered?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Pedro5, I was in a similar situation to you a few months ago. I was all set to submit my TRA without an agent. Had all paperwork together. Prior to sending it off, decided to look a bit closer to the pathway requirements. I found that I did not fit into any of the pathways directly. I then decided to contact an agent who confirmed my fears.
Seems that the pathway we were on was removed because of people abusing it.
Nobody I know has done a 5 year aircraft engineering apprenticeship in the past 20 yrs.Therefore there should be no aircraft engineers entering OZ on any visa's. But There are. You have to make TRA aware that your "apprenticeship" covers all your training. e.g. it took me 2yrs after apprenticehip finished to go from mechanic to technician.
I went with an agent who got me through, and I only had an ONC.
I've been fully licenced for 10yrs, but they are not really interested in that. Just the first five years of your training
You could have a Nobel Peace Prize & they wouldn't give a shit
If your agent's not giving you any joy contact Darren at Visa-Go. He knows the score.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Nelbhoy, thank you very much, will make contact with Darren today and let you know how things went.
Dorothy, My agent is with a company called Immigration2oz. They are MARA and MIA registered.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

wgabriel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Pedro5, I was in a similar situation to you a few months ago. I was all set to submit my TRA without an agent. Had all paperwork together. Prior to sending it off, decided to look a bit closer to the pathway requirements. I found that I did not fit into any of the pathways directly. I then decided to contact an agent who confirmed my fears.
Seems that the pathway we were on was removed because of people abusing it.
Nobody I know has done a 5 year aircraft engineering apprenticeship in the past 20 yrs.Therefore there should be no aircraft engineers entering OZ on any visa's. But There are. You have to make TRA aware that your "apprenticeship" covers all your training. e.g. it took me 2yrs after apprenticehip finished to go from mechanic to technician.
I went with an agent who got me through, and I only had an ONC.
I've been fully licenced for 10yrs, but they are not really interested in that. Just the first five years of your training
You could have a Nobel Peace Prize & they wouldn't give a shit
If your agent's not giving you any joy contact Darren at Visa-Go. He knows the score.
NELBHOY.. Did you have to produce a stat-dec from your employer to prove your continued informal training (apprentice) with the company that you were with in order to show your full five years worth of training?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wgabriel
NELBHOY.. Did you have to produce a stat-dec from your employer to prove your continued informal training (apprentice) with the company that you were with in order to show your full five years worth of training?
I got a job reference from my ex employer(BA) to cover this. Again mate I would point you to Darren at visa-go if your employed in same field
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

sunny9208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile TRA APPLICATION

HI all friends,

me also aircraft maintenance engineer mechanical, submitted an application to TRA with out agent. and waiting for result.
a bundle of 498 grams weight, including Formal traing of 3 years with 18 years continues job in air force in aero engine trade, also enclosed 3 years on job training record book and one referance letter from director engineering of three pages.
one thing i have not included that is recent work experance?
is this is important to include if one man is in service since 1991 and referance letter includes nature of job/tasks completed, relevant courses, tools studied and used.

payslips and photographs in uniform on aircrafts and offical website personel record pages print with pictures.

what u say friends what will be the result as per ur experance?
and when will they announce my result as my trade is on MODL/CSL and application ackowledgment was recieved on 10th june, 09.
best regards.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: TRA APPLICATION

Originally Posted by sunny9208
HI all friends,

me also aircraft maintenance engineer mechanical, submitted an application to TRA with out agent. and waiting for result.
a bundle of 498 grams weight, including Formal traing of 3 years with 18 years continues job in air force in aero engine trade, also enclosed 3 years on job training record book and one referance letter from director engineering of three pages.
one thing i have not included that is recent work experance?
is this is important to include if one man is in service since 1991 and referance letter includes nature of job/tasks completed, relevant courses, tools studied and used.

payslips and photographs in uniform on aircrafts and offical website personel record pages print with pictures.

what u say friends what will be the result as per ur experance?
and when will they announce my result as my trade is on MODL/CSL and application ackowledgment was recieved on 10th june, 09.
best regards.

Wouldn't worry too much about recent work experience. The 3yr apprenticeship may be a problem though mate. Depends on how the application is structured. I think mine took about 3 weeks. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.