British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   TRA Skills Assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/tra-skills-assessment-777961/)

samb29 Nov 17th 2012 10:57 pm

TRA Skills Assessment

Anyone done their TRA skills assessment without an agent?

steve`o Nov 17th 2012 11:57 pm

Re: TRA Skills Assessment

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10388138)
Anyone done their TRA skills assessment without an agent?

loads

what skill are applying under?

samb29 Nov 18th 2012 12:24 am

I will be applying under one of the Telecoms roles under TRA.........I just wondered how easy it was complete without an agent

steve`o Nov 18th 2012 12:54 am

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10388193)
I will be applying under one of the Telecoms roles under TRA.........I just wondered how easy it was complete without an agent

yes just follow this for a guide

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+what+to+write

samb29 Nov 18th 2012 4:28 am

They are a great help

Do you know if I provide my qualifications, job description on my own word, ref's from employers then is that enough or do I have to show payslips etc going back too 2004?

RikoDriko Nov 18th 2012 10:51 pm

Hi

I did this without an agent. Was a pain in the A$$ but saved myself quite a bit of money.

I wrote out my own job spec, and then gave it to my HR department and my manager to sign. Who else knows your job better than you. I think its key to show that you have lots of relevant experience. More important IMO than just a degree with limited practical experience.

Then you needed to get all the docs certified by a solicitor - a local solicitor did it for £5 per doc. copies of the diploma or degree that you have - and crucially here - i provided a breakdown of the subjects covered in my diploma - this is a requirement. Also certificates of any relevant trianing courses you may have ben sent on in your career. This may be may not have been necessary, but providing too much is better than providing too little.

Then you pay and wait - mine came through in about 4 weeks. Its a complete pain, but totally doable in a couple of weeks, or days if you are focused enough.

samb29 Nov 18th 2012 10:57 pm

Hey

Thanks I have written up full job history, refs for my employers to sign and have a copy of all my certificates ect

When you said you have a breakdown of courses, mines is an apprenticeship which you gain a Btec and the certificate is 3 parts 1st part saying congrats blah bla completed and the other 2 parts are the subjects studied with Pass, Merit etc......would this be ok as a breakdown?

ROMFT_WO2RN Nov 19th 2012 12:12 am

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10389490)
Hey

Thanks I have written up full job history, refs for my employers to sign and have a copy of all my certificates ect

When you said you have a breakdown of courses, mines is an apprenticeship which you gain a Btec and the certificate is 3 parts 1st part saying congrats blah bla completed and the other 2 parts are the subjects studied with Pass, Merit etc......would this be ok as a breakdown?

Should be as that's what I provided for mine. I also included the Completion of Apprenticeship if you have that as well?

samb29 Nov 19th 2012 12:55 am

Yeah I have my apprenticeship certificate......just been looking at various websites and my occupation in on the CSOL not SOL so I have to go under state sponsor but any states with my occupation are wanting 5 years experience and I only have 3 and a half which is the requirement for the skills assessment.....why are the states all 5 years when the TRA is 3 years experience post qualification

samb29 Nov 26th 2012 8:51 pm

OK so my husband is gathered his info together for TRA skills assessment, can anyone advise if he has forgotten anything regarding his work experience and qualifications?

He has the following and these will all be certified...

Apprenticeship certificate
Copies of all qualifications and courses studied
Work References stating the required info
Apprentice task and duties summary
Detailed Job description tasks and duties in my own words for relevant work experince

ROMFT_WO2RN Nov 26th 2012 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10402469)
OK so my husband is gathered his info together for TRA skills assessment, can anyone advise if he has forgotten anything regarding his work experience and qualifications?

He has the following and these will all be certified...

Apprenticeship certificate
Copies of all qualifications and courses studied
Work References stating the required info
Apprentice task and duties summary
Detailed Job description tasks and duties in my own words for relevant work experince

I also provided several years worth of pay statements, enough for the experience needed.

samb29 Nov 26th 2012 11:39 pm

That was my next question as TRA check list states

It states under Employment Evidence that you need references for each employer on headed paper, which I will obtain. the next section is paid employment you need to provide pay slips from each employer.

Is the pay slips also to be supplied on top of the references and if so how many pay slips do you require?

So you are saying you need to provide both, that's going to be a lot of payslips for me also......did you send the originals? Could you not just send your first and last one for each employment with your references if on headed company paper?

ROMFT_WO2RN Nov 26th 2012 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10402638)
That was my next question as TRA check list states

It states under Employment Evidence that you need references for each employer on headed paper, which I will obtain. the next section is paid employment you need to provide pay slips from each employer.

Is the pay slips also to be supplied on top of the references and if so how many pay slips do you require?

So you are saying you need to provide both, that's going to be a lot of payslips for me also......did you send the originals? Could you not just send your first and last one for each employment with your references if on headed company paper?

When I applied I needed to prove 4 years, so I sent 4 years worth of certified copies of pay statements on top of the reference letters etc. Could have sent more ;)

samb29 Nov 26th 2012 11:54 pm

Ha that's a lot of photo copying of payslips.

I have emailed TRA as that seems excessive as if you provide a statement and say a P60 plus maybe 3 pay slips from start, middle and end of you employment then they should really get the idea......BUT then again!!

ROMFT_WO2RN Nov 26th 2012 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by samb29 (Post 10402662)
Ha that's a lot of photo copying of payslips.

I have emailed TRA as that seems excessive as if you provide a statement and say a P60 plus maybe 3 pay slips from start, middle and end of you employment then they should really get the idea......BUT then again!!

yup, good job the agent did all that ;)