TRA skill assessment query

Old Jun 15th 2018, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

NaD_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile TRA skill assessment query

Hi,
I'm collecting my documents to apply for TRA assessment as a fitter(general), I have a Bsc in mechanical engineering and I'm working as maintenance and service engineer with total experience of 3 years 2 month, May I know if it's possible to get positive outcome from TRA while holding a Bsc degree?

One more thing, they require a 3 payslips for each year of employment and the company only issue payslips electronically on a plain A4 paper without stamp or signature, will this work or it needs to be on company's letterhead paper, stamped and/or signed?

Thanks,
Old Jun 15th 2018, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA skill assessment query

Are you confident that you are nominating the appropriate skilled occupation?
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

With a degree in Engineering, you are over qualified for fitter(general) which requires cert III and trade experience during training.

Why would you not be looking at an Engineers assessment with Engineers Australia (EA)?
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
With a degree in Engineering, you are over qualified for fitter(general) which requires cert III and trade experience during training.

Why would you not be looking at an Engineers assessment with Engineers Australia (EA)?
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I already have a positive assessment from EA since April 2017 with total points of 60, but it is prorated and the cut-off points is increasing day-by-day which is disappointing.. that’s why I’m thinking of undergoing assessment through TRA as a fitter, which highly fits my daily tasks in maintenance sector.

Please advise
Thanks!
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WRUSSELL
Are you confident that you are nominating the appropriate skilled occupation?
please scroll down/up and check my reply on Old.spark.
any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

I found this reply while searching in the forum, does it mean that Bsc can get assessed through TRA body or I’m missing something? 👇

Richard_Gregan
Re: Information About TRA
I'm not 100% certain as to what you're asking, but for information purposes I can tell you that TRA requires a minimum of 3 years' full time, paid work experience in the occupation being applied for. This work experience must come after the award of the AQF3-equivalent (or above) qualification.

Also, at least one year's experience must be in the last three years to meet recent work experience requirements.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:48 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NaD_

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I already have a positive assessment from EA since April 2017 with total points of 60, but it is prorated and the cut-off points is increasing day-by-day which is disappointing.. that’s why I’m thinking of undergoing assessment through TRA as a fitter, which highly fits my daily tasks in maintenance sector.

Please advise
Thanks!
Have you had a look at state sponsorship at all? I think VIC and NT sponsor mech. engineers without any other restrictions. It may be worth having a chat with a MARA agent to look at all your options.

If fitter (general) is the best route, are you sure TRA is who you should apply to? As a sparky from the UK my choices were Vetasses or Vic Uni. Future Skills now also do assessments for trade occupations, but if you fall under the Overseas Skills Assessment Program (OSAP) it will not be TRA. OSAP depends on passport country if I recall correctly.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you had a look at state sponsorship at all? I think VIC and NT sponsor mech. engineers without any other restrictions. It may be worth having a chat with a MARA agent to look at all your options.

If fitter (general) is the best route, are you sure TRA is who you should apply to? As a sparky from the UK my choices were Vetasses or Vic Uni. Future Skills now also do assessments for trade occupations, but if you fall under the Overseas Skills Assessment Program (OSAP) it will not be TRA. OSAP depends on passport country if I recall correctly.
yes, I already submitted application for Vic but got rejected after waiting 3 months, NT gives 190 nomination with job offer and I’ve submitted 489 but also got rejected because they reached the ceiling limit of invitations for mechanical engineers for this year. Now I only have 190 NSW but no luck because the occupation is prorated and it hasn’t nominated mechanical engineers since long time ago..

if I will apply for assessment as a fitter(general), I should undergo assessment with TRA, MSA program but still confused.. don’t know if I have to proceed or my Bsc will be an obstruction to get +ve outcome..

any additional piece of advice will be appreciated.