tra say no

Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default tra say no

We received that fatefull letter this morning saying we failed the TRA. Reason given was lack of training documentation and list of day-to-day activities.

We did submitt a signed affidavit stating the day-to-day activities, and also stating that his training was on-the-job, therefore no documentation.

The people he trained with are now deceased as his his last employer.

Therefore how can we gain any further documentation if the people are no longer here to ask. He has his own company and website, and has been in this job for 18years.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:59 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Angry Re: tra say no

Originally Posted by midge04
We received that fatefull letter this morning saying we failed the TRA. Reason given was lack of training documentation and list of day-to-day activities.

We did submitt a signed affidavit stating the day-to-day activities, and also stating that his training was on-the-job, therefore no documentation.

Therefore how can we gain any further documentation if the people are no longer here to ask. He has his own company and website, and has been in this job for 18years.
Midge,

Soooo sorry to hear that.

TRA seem to be a law unto themselves, and hearing this gets me woried about my application.

Out of interest just how much information did you provide, eg. stat dec, any third party ref's. or paperwork?.

If you think you had everything you should perhaps appeal. Did you use an agent, or are you like me in doing it yourself.

Soooo sorry. Good luck whatever you do, but DONT GIVE UP.

Brian.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: tra say no

Originally Posted by bjbrian
Midge,

Soooo sorry to hear that.

TRA seem to be a law unto themselves, and hearing this gets me woried about my application.

Out of interest just how much information did you provide, eg. stat dec, any third party ref's. or paperwork?.

If you think you had everything you should perhaps appeal. Did you use an agent, or are you like me in doing it yourself.

Soooo sorry. Good luck whatever you do, but DONT GIVE UP.

Brian.
Hi we are doing it ouselves. I submitted everything they asked for on the TRA website, and i ticked each as i went along. They included a stat dec, as hubby is self employed and has been since leaving school. references from clients, statement from suppliers, list of jobs undertaken etc, CIS card, letter from accountant, birth certificate, website details. The only thing we cant get is employer refernces as they are deceased, and training docs as his training was on site, he learnt as he went along from the age of 18. He has been doing it for 18 years now and has his own company.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:08 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Contact Glenn Newton at www.gomatilda.com

He is the former head of the TRA. my case was not that straight forward and Glenn got me a positive assessment.

Give him a go....what have you to lose?

Rob

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Sorry to hear the bad news

I will say tho, I failed the TRA and they said it was because I had no apprentiship. I DID have one, but it was verbal so couldn't really prove it.

I've said b4 about training and apprentiships being VERY important to the TRA, but I could only do what I could.

I agree with giving Glen Newton a call, a lot of ppl on here strongly recommend him!

Good luck with whatever you do

I'm gonna give the Student route to PR a go hopefully, have no other choice!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:04 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

We received that fatefull letter this morning saying we failed the TRA. Reason given was lack of training documentation and list of day-to-day activities.......

.......He has his own company and website, and has been in this job for 18years.
Hi Guys,

This must be such a blow - my heart goes out to you. You mention your own company - have you looked into the business visa options? We are currently in the process of applying for the "State Sponsored Business Visa (163)". This may be worth a go..???

Good luck with whatever you do. DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM.

RT.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Hang in there. I too failed and then passed.

I also did mine myself and also on the job training - no official stuff. As far as I have been able to work out, is that TRA want to be able to see from your documentation what you know, so you really need to provide a very detailed account of what you do, how often you do it and how you do it by describing in absolute detail what you did and what tools you used to do it.

My application was very empty until the last section where you describe your job, for this description I had aproximately 60 pages. Someone else on this forum once described it as writing a manual of your job, I think that is a very accurate account.

I hope this helps.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:12 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi

I am sorry to hear that.!! but please don't give up there have been upteen examples were people got successfull.

Try to get things organized and go for it again

Badri
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:52 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I did my TRA application on my own and passed, I've also sucessfully helped my brother with his. You could apply freshly again on your own, or you might want advice from a good agent.

I terms of your information given for training. My brother's training was 'on the job' and he stated this on his application - he included on the application how long he was trained for under each task and what the task was - go into this this in as much detail as you can.

Employer references - you can make all stat decs as in full as you possibly can, listing duties undertaken, full and part time, list of employment dates, etc etc. You can include a job description that you compile stating the duties undertaken. Information from companies house - stating that the company actually existed.

As my brother and I had no formal training in what we applied under, we both compiles rather large reports (Very detailed) on duties and work undertaken, this also included lots of photo's of us working, tools used, contracts worked on etc etc. As I had worked in 5 different establishments, my report was about 17 pages long, some may think it was a bit excessive - but it got me the result I wanted.

If you want any more information, please pm me. If I can help, I will.

Don't be put off by this, people do fail it first time round. I read somewhere too that TRA is one of the harder skills assesors to pass.

Good luck!