Wikiposts

TRA Pre Press application

Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Jemile is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile TRA Pre Press application

Hi,

My partner and I are starting to apply for our visa to Australia, im about to start filling out my TRA form for a graphic pre press trade and have been reading up on the forum that it needs to be really in depth. I was wondering if anyone could give pointers on how I should start listing my experience and how I should present it, it's all very daunting and im a little scared of getting it wrong or missing something out.

Thanks in advance.
James
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Julie-Alan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Pre Press application

Hi James

I had to do the work ref for my husband who is a Gas Fitter, put in as much detail as you possibly can!
I had to write exactly what he would do to install a cooker, from start to finish, evrey minute detail!!
Plus what he had done in his job to get where he is now i.e. working under supervision whilst training then getting his certs etc. It ended up about 4 or 5 pages long, don't forget to include any tools and equipment that you use (just list form is ok)
We also put in his starting salary and his current salary, I think it gives them an idea of experience.

Best advice would be, don't ever think you have written Too much!!

Hope this helps.

Julie
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Jemile is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool, thank you, that's brilliant.

I've been putting off starting it, I wasn't sure how to even begin with it and how to word it. How long did it take for the application to come back for your husband?

Thanks again
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Julie-Alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jemile
Cool, thank you, that's brilliant.

I've been putting off starting it, I wasn't sure how to even begin with it and how to word it. How long did it take for the application to come back for your husband?

Thanks again
We are using an agent, I think they sent it off just before xmas, so are hoping it will be back by the end of the month.

Good luck!