Wikiposts

TRA Panic

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:09 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default TRA Panic

Hi

Hubby is 45 in 4 weeks.

We are 10 weeks into our TRA assessment.

We need it back in 3 weeks, I have emailed TRA today Highlighting Looming Birthday but I am feeling really negative.

Anyone any idea if this e mail will help.

I read on Adelaide Brits forum that the TRA are warning agents it will be 4-5 months now rather than 3 months.

Is there anything else we can do. hoping to go 139 Des

Thanks

Julia
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Panic

Originally posted by Springo
Hi

Hubby is 45 in 4 weeks.

We are 10 weeks into our TRA assessment.

We need it back in 3 weeks, I have emailed TRA today Highlighting Looming Birthday but I am feeling really negative.

Anyone any idea if this e mail will help.

I read on Adelaide Brits forum that the TRA are warning agents it will be 4-5 months now rather than 3 months.

Is there anything else we can do. hoping to go 139 Des

Thanks

Julia
Hi Julia

Know how you are feeling although we are on not such a tight schedule.
We have been waiting exactly 12 weeks. Our agent is expecting a result very soon.
She has been chasing the TRA for me.
Have you used an agent? If so maybe get them to ring them.

Hope it comes soon for you.

Graham
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:19 am
Carramar Perth

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Julia

Know how you are feeling although we are on not such a tight schedule.
We have been waiting exactly 12 weeks. Our agent is expecting a result very soon.
She has been chasing the TRA for me.
Have you used an agent? If so maybe get them to ring them.

Hope it comes soon for you.

Graham
Hi Graham

Yes Agent e mailed yesterday and suggested maybe I should try today with more of a pleading tone.

This is killing us.

We have everything standing by but I just have a real bad feeling.

I just hope our emails dont antagonise the TRA.

I wanted to do this 2 weeks ago, George Lombard said it wouldn't hurt, but my agent said it was too early, now he seems to be a bit panicky.

Julia
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham

Yes Agent e mailed yesterday and suggested maybe I should try today with more of a pleading tone.

This is killing us.

We have everything standing by but I just have a real bad feeling.

I just hope our emails dont antagonise the TRA.

I wanted to do this 2 weeks ago, George Lombard said it wouldn't hurt, but my agent said it was too early, now he seems to be a bit panicky.

Julia
I know again. The wait is driving us crazy. Not knowing what will happen.
I have worries about my deeming date. I turn 40 Sept 2005 and will lose 5 points and will mean our dream will be over.
Isn't there any way that you can submit your application without the assessment.
I'm sure when the April deadline for 115 points came someone on the forum posted his application without getting his assessment back.
May be worth asking your agent if it's possible. That's if you haven't already.

Good luck.

Graham
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:40 am
Carramar Perth

Yeah some one suggested that last week, I haven't ran that by my agent yet, maybe a glimmer of hope there. My agent isn't really that easy to talk to, to be honest.

But that will probably be my last option. I did read that someone actually use a faxed or emailed copy from the tra that got in just before the points went up, so maybe thats another possibility.

Oh god Graham my head is done in. Its all If's and But's.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your deeming date to be spot on. How long have you been in your trade.

My hubby (Graham) has been a Wall & Floor tiler for 27 years. I do hope they give him the right deeming date too.

Agent said we had to supply 3 reference for work experience for 27 years ago, and another 3 references for the last 12 months.

That was along with the Traineeship declaration from the company that gave him an apprenticeship, of course no qualifications on paper.

Julia
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Julia
I've been in the Graphic Pre Press trade for nearly 10 years.
I was told that they would take 6 years as training and as we need the points for 3 of the last 4 years to get up to 110 points.
This is why the deeming date is so important to us.
Talking to other pre press guys on the forum some have had 4-6 years taken as training yet others have had 8-12 years.
So we just will have to wait and hope for the best.
I'm sure you'll have no problem with that amount of experience.

Hope it goes OK.

Graham

Yeah some one suggested that last week, I haven't ran that by my agent yet, maybe a glimmer of hope there. My agent isn't really that easy to talk to, to be honest.

But that will probably be my last option. I did read that someone actually use a faxed or emailed copy from the tra that got in just before the points went up, so maybe thats another possibility.

Oh god Graham my head is done in. Its all If's and But's.

I will keep my fingers crossed for your deeming date to be spot on. How long have you been in your trade.

My hubby (Graham) has been a Wall & Floor tiler for 27 years. I do hope they give him the right deeming date too.

Agent said we had to supply 3 reference for work experience for 27 years ago, and another 3 references for the last 12 months.

That was along with the Traineeship declaration from the company that gave him an apprenticeship, of course no qualifications on paper.

Julia
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:00 am
Carramar Perth

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Julia
I've been in the Graphic Pre Press trade for nearly 10 years.
I was told that they would take 6 years as training and as we need the points for 3 of the last 4 years to get up to 110 points.
This is why the deeming date is so important to us.
Talking to other pre press guys on the forum some have had 4-6 years taken as training yet others have had 8-12 years.
So we just will have to wait and hope for the best.
I'm sure you'll have no problem with that amount of experience.

Hope it goes OK.

Graham

OK I can see why your as stressed as you are, it is not exactly clear cut is it.

I really hope yours will be fine too.

Thanks again for your support Graham

Julia